Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Fuzzy-headed limp-wristers appalled at Christian verses coded on Trijicon product

The idea that a bible reference as part of a serial number will give terrorists more recruiting fodder or will cost troops their lives is nonsense. Even if it is not are we to live our lives and force others to live their lives in a manner that lessens the ability of a terrorist to twis words of religion to be tools for killing? Really? I guess I should either just shoot myself in the fucking head or start bowing to Mecca 5 times each day.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Fuzzy-headed limp-wristers appalled at Christian verses coded on Trijicon product

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    If these sights weren't used in conflicts against Muslim extremists, there'd be no problem. However because they are, those extremists are going to use this information as fodder for their propaganda.

So what's the end effect? MEDIA over there are going to twist this information to say that every US soldier has "Jesus rifles for killing Muslims" and that they are here to force Christianity on everyone and that the "proof is right on the sights of their weapons."

Trijicon can print the entire King James, Koran, and Torah on their sights for all I care when it comes to me buying one of their sights. But when it comes to the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts, they need to cut that crap OUT. Don't give the extremists any more fuel for their propaganda.
    Ummm......they're terrorists. Using whatever they can as propaganda is pretty much in the job description, right under "become an asshole".

And, I'm even willing to bet more atheists will use the definition "Jesus rifles for killing Muslims" and they won't come from an Islamic country. Wanna hint at which one I'm thinking? It begins with an Amer, and ends with an ica.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos
    Does that mean joe smith's rifle is a satan rifle?
    Bad example...his actually might be.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    There is nothing cryptic about scripture references, unless you are too uneducated to understand how to look them up. And if you really think that the absence of those references would make a difference in how US soldiers are treated by those they are fighting, I think you need to do some more reading about what is actually going on over there right now, and which has been going on for a good while now. And I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. I just don't think you seem to think so yourself about me and people like me - you know, those people at Trijicon.
    You need to read what I write rather than make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    What's this issue have to do with anyone being a "lib" or "ghey"?

I guess some people are too stubborn or stupid to understand that this is going to be an excellent recruiting tool for our enemies.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    That could cause another soldier to lose his or her life. All for what?
    Terrorists are likely to kill a soldier anyways...you'd use this as the cause of death? That's like saying lack of health insurance is a cause of death.

If the acogs had quotes from the koran on them do you think that a terrorist would be any less inclined to shoot at or kill a US soldier or join up with whoever is the cool group of islamabads this week?

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    The idea that a bible reference as part of a serial number will give terrorists more recruiting fodder or will cost troops their lives is nonsense. Even if it is not are we to live our lives and force others to live their lives in a manner that lessens the ability of a terrorist to twis words of religion to be tools for killing? Really? I guess I should either just shoot myself in the fucking head or start bowing to Mecca 5 times each day.
    Might be nonsense... might not... is it worth the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Ummm......they're terrorists. Using whatever they can as propaganda is pretty much in the job description, right under "become an asshole".

And, I'm even willing to bet more atheists will use the definition "Jesus rifles for killing Muslims" and they won't come from an Islamic country. Wanna hint at which one I'm thinking? It begins with an Amer, and ends with an ica.

Bad example...his actually might be.

camper
    I agree with your job description however I think Trijicon made their jobs easier.

Also for what it's worth, I'm not Athiest.

I'm also not a Liberal. I'm on the same side as everyone on this board, don't forget that. We're all entitled to disagree. Bickering and name calling is pretty sad though.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Compelling Trijicon to remove the verses or to replace the existing sights/scopes would actually violate the 1st Amendment. That would be impeding Trijicon's right to freely exercise religion. The 1st Amendment goes both ways. The .gov can not establish a religion, however, they can not impede it. If the .gov cancelled the contract because of the verses, Trijicon's rights would be violated. It is funny, folks that view themselves freedom minded often get confused on this point.

Be safe (and sometimes, freedom is too obvious for some).

Scott
    The government would be quite within its rights to contract for scopes without religious references, since it is a legitimate interest of the government to appear neutral on religion. It could not prohibit Trijicon from selling Bible scopes to civilians.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Terrorists are likely to kill a soldier anyways...you'd use this as the cause of death? That's like saying lack of health insurance is a cause of death.

If the acogs had quotes from the koran on them do you think that a terrorist would be any less inclined to shoot at or kill a US soldier or join up with whoever is the cool group of islamabads this week?
    Lack of health insurance could be a cause of death but that's a different debate that I don't want to get into.

Quotes from the Qur'an would not lessen the death toll, no. Quotes from the bible, on the other hand, might increase terrorism recruitment which would cause higher US casualties. Keeping all unnecessary text off of equipment would be the best course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    The government would be quite within its rights to contract for scopes without religious references, since it is a legitimate interest of the government to appear neutral on religion. It could not prohibit Trijicon from selling Bible scopes to civilians.
    ^Zing.

I doubt there's anything in the RFQ originally given that says

"Needed: Optic. Free of religious quotes"

Trijicon probably threw their existing product in for the bid. Since the verse notation in the SN was probably there on ALL models they likely wanted to save costs rather than re-tool or come up with a new SN scheme.

If the govt want to request optics without such a serial number that's within their right to.

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    You need to read what I write rather than make assumptions.
    I haven't made any assumptions. You are positing the theory that scripture references are going to make those nice ole terrorists really angry! Why, they might kill people twice! They might hang their corpses up in public, or drag them through the street while the rest of the people there sing and dance in celebration. Oh wait... I think they're already doing that.

What is it exactly that you think is going to be made worse? The terrorists already tell their recruits things like Jews drink blood and eat babies. Actually, they teach this in some schools over there. Do you really think the presence of a Bible verse is going to really aid their recruiting efforts? How do you think that anything we do is going to mollify them so they don't kill our people as dead as they are already? They want us dead, all of us. Either dead, or following the Koran like they do. It is that simple. There is no negotiation, no middle of the road. They are killing people for their religious views, and you are whining about some references on the side of a piece of metal and glass, like that is really going to make a difference.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    ^Zing.

I doubt there's anything in the RFQ originally given that says

"Needed: Optic. Free of religious quotes"

Trijicon probably threw their existing product in for the bid. Since the verse notation in the SN was probably there on ALL models they likely wanted to save costs rather than re-tool or come up with a new SN scheme.

If the govt want to request optics without such a serial number that's within their right to.
    I agree, and they did not do so, thus they have no recourse against Trijicon. They could stipulate religion-free sights in the future if they are so inclined.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast