Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The last time

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: The last time

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    It was light out at night?
    No, it was light out last time I was out. Now I just went outside a little bit ago and yes I had my surefire 6p

(Lawrence County)

No flashlight. Nightsights. Spare mag in left jacket pocket.

LycanhonestlyifIcarriedafullkitI'dprobablyenduplea vingthegunthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lebanon County)

Day or night I usually have a little LED flashlight in my left front pocket. Certainly not good for anything tactical but if the lights happen to go out or I need to do something outside in an unlighted area it sure does come in handy. Extra magazine in my jacket pocket. I don't always carry an extra mag in the warmer weather but I should.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

I usually don't carry a spare mag and at this point, don't really carry a flashlight either. I do plan on changing the flashlight situation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(York County)

I cannot tell you how many times I would get asked by a burglary victim what kind of gun they should get for the house. The first question I would ask was if they kept a flashlight and cell phone next to their bed. If the answer was no I would explain to them what I meant and then talk about firearm considerations.

When I was teaching at the police academy the students where to the point where they were all wearing duty belts with Blue Guns. They were supposed to be "ready" for patrol. I took them into the the parking lot and told everyone that had a flashlight on their person to put it up. Then everyone without a light to step forward. The ones without a light got smoked for about 20 minutes while the others just stood there. I explained my point even though it really needed no explaining at that point.

When I had a officer in field training I would take him into the bottom of an open stairwell in one of our projects. I would usually toss a $20 bill in the bottom and send him down there to see what I had left. Even during the day time he would not find it if he did not have a light (it was that dark). If the did find it I would make him buy "us" lunch with it

Darkness is only a closed door away. You will need to see more things than you will need to shoot. I suggest any decent pocket light in addition to a Photon or Steamlight Nano on your key chain. You will forget about the latter until you need it,.

For single stack guns and wheel guns you carry a reload for the spare rounds. For a double stack magazine you carry it as a remedy for a tumbled magazine. For those who do not know a tumbled mag is when the magazine follower gets stuck on the inside of the mag allowing rounds to tumble inside. The only immediate action for a tumbled mag is a reload. Many people have never seen one. I have seen it happen to a handful of students. Enough that I advocate carrying a spare mag.- George

(Columbia County)

Last night.

I always carry a flashlight, I use it too often working on PCs.

I don't own a 2nd mag.
    Last edited by NevynPA; January 8th, 2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: grammar police

(Allegheny County)

Sig P229 in .357sig, one spare mag. Surefire E1B light left pocket. Ruger LCP in coat pocket. Swiss light LED on keychain too. That was my load-out for garbage and snow detail yesterday evening.

I have a thing about flashlights-if I'm awake, my RCN3 Q5 is in my pocket-goes on the bedside chair w/phone at night. No spare mag going to the garage last night-it's in my LRP during the day, though. 4-cell Maglite in the van in case of. Couple of cheap LED lights throughout the house, plus a D-cell lantern on each floor in case of power outage (like the other night).

Don't need a light during the day? Last time I was in $hopN$ave, on the back aisle, and the power failed, everyone around me was glad to see a light. Big buildings with no windows and no lights are very dark, even on a sunny day.

Take care
    Dave

(Wayne County)

I started carrying a small flashlight on me all the time around the time that we had kids. It's very nice to shine on them to check on them rather than turning on the lights and waking them up. I still always caught shit from my wife and in-laws about being a "gear head" and a "boy scout."

Then we were watching a documentary on 9-11. I remember one of the guys that survived and made it down out of the towers and saved himself and several other people because he had a pocket flashlight and that was largely the reason that he was able to find his way out. Having formerly worked in a large building in Philly just the year before, that really sunk home.

I've since used my little flashlight to help folks change flat tires, running network cable in the office, checking on kids sore throats, checking pupil reaction for head trauma and a thousand other uses.

I have no idea how I got along for so many years without one.

The nice thing is that w/ LED technology coming so far, you can get really nice, very bright flashlights for under $40. The one I currently carry is something like 120 or 150 lumens, uses a AAA battery, is less than 4" long and .75" wide, machined aluminum w/ recessed switch on the rear and it only cost $24 at Target.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

I always carry a light. Right now, it is a surefire Nitrolon in a velcro nylon sheath at 8 oclock.

I have my BUG (Kahr P9 Covert) on me ( as i type) even more than my primary carry pistol.

I carry (2) 7 round Kahr mags in my front weakside jeans pocket.

The single stack mags are not uncomfortable to have there and I have gotten used to them. Nothing else is in that pocket.

Tarani blade clipped to front pocket.

So all in all, I have a light, blade, mags and 1 gun most of my waking hours. I put on the primary gun when I go out somewhere and put a single mag in weakside back pocket.

Wife says I'm " over the edge". Perhaps I am but can blame it on being a boy scout.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast