Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Night Sights vs. Laser for M&P40c

I feel the price is steep for the Trijicons below, so I'll probably shop around at a local shop. Any M&P owners have experience with these sights? I have read good reviews but would like some opinions before a spend $80-100 on 3 glorified gas filled tubes vs. buying a laser which I was hoping to avoid because of the added mass. I'm on the fence considering lasers only cost a little more.

I checked out a 40c with a crimson trace and felt that the switch should be on the front not out back. Any others?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/trijicon...ght-sight.html

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Night Sights vs. Laser for M&P40c

Ive posted to this question before... its somewhere in the PAFOA bowels, but anyway - I have an M&P9c with Crimson Trace grips on it an love it. It adds a little bulk to the top right of the grip, but nothing enough to bother me. I carry it in a DeSantis speed scarab (002L7) and the holster took a couple days to get accustomed to the laser protrusion. Nothing a little rubbing out the leather didnt cure.

Put both on it - just in case batteries go dead. Dont get to dependent on the laser though.... its easy to fall into that habit. It is hard to see in bright / direct sunlight.

(Allegheny County)

trijicons are quality night sights--well worth the money--assuming you really want a 3 dot system...some people prefer other systems like a (vertical) 2 dot system or a "dot the i" system, etc.

lasers are good for what they are...but they are not what many people think they are--namely, they are not a magic wand that makes bullets go where you want them to. you still need to master the trigger press, follow-through, grip, etc.

and, you still need to learn proper sight pic/sight alignment in case the laser goes down.

personally, i go with night sights and no laser--and a quality tactical flashlight. the flashlight is probably the most important of the 3 (in case you do not yet have one of those).
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

not a bad price on the NS's at all.

and I'll 2nd what LRT said, with the note that he is a little more optimistic about how useful a laser might be than I am.

(Pike County)

I just had a set of Zone3 night sights installed at Advanced Arms in pittston. Out the door was right about $80, and installed on the spot. They are stamped Trjicon on both the front and rear sight. From my understanding the tritium tubes are made by Trijicon and the metal part is by a company here in PA...

These are on my 40c, still have to get to the range to see how I do with them..But they were just installed this weekend.

Snert...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    I just had a set of Zone3 night sights installed at Advanced Arms in pittston. Out the door was right about $80, and installed on the spot. They are stamped Trjicon on both the front and rear sight. From my understanding the tritium tubes are made by Trijicon and the metal part is by a company here in PA...

These are on my 40c, still have to get to the range to see how I do with them..But they were just installed this weekend.

Snert...
    Good to hear. I'm leaning towards the night sights the more I read.

I will get a bright little flashlight to carry seperately and I should be good.
    Read what I say as if I were speaking in a matter of fact, unassuming tone.