Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IDEA

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I think that's a good idea...or even a license plate bracket.
    I do believe this idea has been presented by a staff member as a suggestion to be added to the merchandise available at the pafoa store.

Not sure if it will happen, or when, but it's been suggested.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    How does 1 become a member of the elite group ZRT?
    Raise your right hand and repeat after me: "One to the head". Ok, you're in!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Is There Real Interest?

Ok. I already know this has been brought up several times in different threads and died there. But is there real interest????

Here is some current information about the Specialty Plate Program and some of the costs and requirements: (it does not include every little detail though)

If the organization would be approved for a Specialty Plate after submitting an application:

1. Someone from the PAFOA would have to be the point of contact and administrator of the program for PENNDOT. What that means is this PAFOA person would be required to submit the completed applications (from their members) along with all required fees. $20.00 Fee to Penndot for each plate issued. The organization can collect an additional fee it keeps for issuance of the plate (i.e. $40.00 for the PAFOA plate, $20.00 goes to PENNDOT, $20.00 goes to the PAFOA). PENNDOT will then issue the License Plate to the individual. Any fees paid to the organization and PENNDOT do not include annual registration fees.

2. Approximate start up costs for Plates (from penndot) $500.00 for design and production of the Plate. Plus $4.00 additional for each plate manufactured (i.e. 300 License Plates would be $1200.00, 200 Plates would be $800.00) A 3" x 3" Camera Ready Artwork would have to be provided. A mock up or a drawing of the proposed plate would also have to be submitted.

3. Penndot chooses the stacked letters on the Plate. Even though we could suggest the stacked letters of 2A we may not be granted them. The choice is entirely up to PENNDOT.

4. PENNDOT suggests an initial order of 300 License Plates but will consider a lesser amount. 100-200 Plates maybe, the start up design costs of $500.00 and a per plate cost of $4.00 would not change though.

5. There is a list on teh application of different information that must be provided by the organization in order to be approved. Reading the list it is my opinion we would qualify for issuance of a plate.

6. A PAFOA License Plate must be first approved by the officers. After approval the next hurdle would be for PENNDOT to accept our application.

Obviously the initial members interested in the specialty plate would bear all the costs of the start-up. Lets say we had 200 members interested in the plate. The PENNDOT costs for the design and manufacturing of the plate would be approximately $1,300.00. That means that each member who wanted a plate issued would have to pay $6.50 in addition to the $20.00 fee charged by PENNDOT for issuance of the plate and any fees PAFOA would like to charge for issuance also. For pratical purposes lets say $50.00 per member for a PAFOA license plate. (@200 Plates $5,300.00 would go to PENNDOT for Design, Manufacturing and Issuance and $4,700 would go to the PAFOA)

Subsequent Members interested in a plate would pay a fee determined by the PAFOA in addition to the $20.00 that goes to PENNDOT.

I did not pm any Officers of the PAFOA, I'm just trying to see how many members have a real interest in seeing this happen before we take it to the officers.
    G20 & G29 Member NRA; Life Member North American Fishing Club

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    How does 1 become a member of the elite group ZRT?
    The first rule of ZRT...is that you do not talk about ZRT.

(Montgomery County)

Why wouldn't they do the same thing for a NRA plate or NRA stickers, hunting stickers? They wouldn't.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Is There Real Interest?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyG29 View Post
    Ok. I already know this has been brought up several times in different threads and died there. But is there real interest????

Here is some current information about the Specialty Plate Program and some of the costs and requirements: (it does not include every little detail though)

If the organization would be approved for a Specialty Plate after submitting an application:

1. Someone from the PAFOA would have to be the point of contact and administrator of the program for PENNDOT. What that means is this PAFOA person would be required to submit the completed applications (from their members) along with all required fees. $20.00 Fee to Penndot for each plate issued. The organization can collect an additional fee it keeps for issuance of the plate (i.e. $40.00 for the PAFOA plate, $20.00 goes to PENNDOT, $20.00 goes to the PAFOA). PENNDOT will then issue the License Plate to the individual. Any fees paid to the organization and PENNDOT do not include annual registration fees.

2. Approximate start up costs for Plates (from penndot) $500.00 for design and production of the Plate. Plus $4.00 additional for each plate manufactured (i.e. 300 License Plates would be $1200.00, 200 Plates would be $800.00) A 3" x 3" Camera Ready Artwork would have to be provided. A mock up or a drawing of the proposed plate would also have to be submitted.

3. Penndot chooses the stacked letters on the Plate. Even though we could suggest the stacked letters of 2A we may not be granted them. The choice is entirely up to PENNDOT.

4. PENNDOT suggests an initial order of 300 License Plates but will consider a lesser amount. 100-200 Plates maybe, the start up design costs of $500.00 and a per plate cost of $4.00 would not change though.

5. There is a list on teh application of different information that must be provided by the organization in order to be approved. Reading the list it is my opinion we would qualify for issuance of a plate.

6. A PAFOA License Plate must be first approved by the officers. After approval the next hurdle would be for PENNDOT to accept our application.

Obviously the initial members interested in the specialty plate would bear all the costs of the start-up. Lets say we had 200 members interested in the plate. The PENNDOT costs for the design and manufacturing of the plate would be approximately $1,300.00. That means that each member who wanted a plate issued would have to pay $6.50 in addition to the $20.00 fee charged by PENNDOT for issuance of the plate and any fees PAFOA would like to charge for issuance also. For pratical purposes lets say $50.00 per member for a PAFOA license plate. (@200 Plates $5,300.00 would go to PENNDOT for Design, Manufacturing and Issuance and $4,700 would go to the PAFOA)

Subsequent Members interested in a plate would pay a fee determined by the PAFOA in addition to the $20.00 that goes to PENNDOT.

I did not pm any Officers of the PAFOA, I'm just trying to see how many members have a real interest in seeing this happen before we take it to the officers.
    i would be in for 2 plates without question!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    The first rule of ZRT...is that you do not talk about ZRT.
    Well then there's a big old thread in the Lounge that's gonna be a problem.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Butler County)

Certainly make it easier for anti LEO's to target you.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Certainly make it easier for anti LEO's to target you.
    whats the difference if you have a pafoa tag or a NRA sticker. and why would they target you.if you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    whats the difference if you have a pafoa tag or a NRA sticker. and why would they target you.if you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about....
    Scarecrow, I have this bridge for sale.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast