Went down to Reading today to visit the Clerk of Courts office. On my way down, I was going over in my head what/how I would respond and keep my cool if "Berks County Security" (SGI) gave me any crap about wanting to check my pistol.

I walked right up to the checkpoint, and here's, basically, what transpired:

Guard: "How's it goin'?"
Me: "Good, and you?"
Guard: "Pretty good. Place your briefcase on the conveyeur(sp?) and empty your pockets into the dish."
Me: "I also need to check my firearm."
Guard: "That's fine. No problem. Just keep it where it is until you come through."

Blah, blah, blah... I go through, he wands me, tells me to collect my stuff and follow him around the counter. I fill out a little claim form, he checks my LTCF (I guess he was verifying the info I wrote on the form), opens up one of them lockers, and says "Go ahead and put it in there."

When I was done, I gave them my claim form and LTCF to verify I.D. (I'm guessing), and they handed me the key to the locker to retrieve my gun.

Now, I don't want any "you should've refused to give your LTCF" or stuff like that. I don't really care. If they want to see my I.D. or any form of it, I got nothing to hide. In my opinion, the courthouse is no place to pick a pissing match with people who are "authorized" to beat me down (the sheriffs are almost always are standing right there) when they want, regardless of how much of the county I would own later.

Just passing on this non-hustling encounter I had. No problems, no attitude, all business. I, for one, was impressed.