Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Any Mechanics looking for a job??

Any mechanics looking for a job? Preferrably truck/diesel mechanics but can train an automotive mechanic that has skills and TOOLS.
    I just had to get rid of a guy today and woud like to get a replacement in asap.
    $18 and up per hour depending on experience. Class A diesel tech can start at $20 plus per hour (possibly higher if you are certified and experienced).

PM me for details
    Last edited by 65mustang; February 25th, 2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: looking again
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

Default Re: Any Mechanics out of work?

Quote Originally Posted by 65mustang View Post
    Any truck mechanics looking for a job? PM me for details
    Gave that up years ago, now just drive em
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

I asked around at work and one of the guys told me to look at the want ads in the Lancaster paper. He claims there are more work wanted ads than help wanted ads and a lot of them are mechanics looking for work.
    Word of mouth is great, but if you don't find help soon enough that way you might want to pick up a copy of the Lancaster paper and see if you find what you're looking for. It won't cost much to check it out.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

I just thought I would check with the local guys on here. We have a newspaper ad running and usually do Careerbuilder as well. We just seem to get people who live too far away. I am getting tired of training guys who don't work out or get tired of the drive to work.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Gave that up years ago, now just drive em
    I should do that as well but just cannot bring myself to do it.
    Well at least you would know better than to pull out in 3rd and 4th gears like a lot of the current drivers. The number of good drivers is going downhill fast. Got to love the 2 week schools and you are officially ready to tear it up.
    One driver was complaining about the $2500 he spent on school until I told him that just my air tools alone cost more than that. It's all good though as I make more money than them

Well at least you would know better than to pull out in 3rd and 4th gears like a lot of the current drivers. The number of good drivers is going downhill fast. Got to love the 2 week schools and you are officially ready to tear it up.
    One driver was complaining about the $2500 he spent on school until I told him that just my air tools alone cost more than that. It's all good though as I make more money than them
    Well, can't expect to much out of somebody dumb enough to pay $2500 for training when Schneider will do it free for a years work.

I got my license in MS back in 79 when I turned 21, just walked into the license place and ask for one to match my military one and they just gave it to me... paid like $30 I think
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

We are searching once again

Any mechanics looking for a job? Preferrably truck/diesel mechanics but can train an automotive mechanic that has skills and TOOLS.
    I just had to get rid of a guy today and woud like to get a replacement in asap.
    $18 and up per hour depending on experience. Class A diesel tech can start at $20 plus per hour (possibly higher if you are certified and experienced).

PM me for details
    Last edited by 65mustang; February 25th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

(Monroe County)

Hey don`t feel bad. I was going to college part time to be a teacher while working as a mechanic/service manager at the family Chevrolet dealership in 72-73. I was making 118 bucks a week at the garage. Quit that and dropped out of college to drive tractor trailer and make the big bucks. That lasted for a dozen or more years and then mechanics and teachers both blew right past us on the salary scale and working conditions scale.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Hey don`t feel bad. I was going to college part time to be a teacher while working as a mechanic/service manager at the family Chevrolet dealership in 72-73. I was making 118 bucks a week at the garage. Quit that and dropped out of college to drive tractor trailer and make the big bucks. That lasted for a dozen or more years and then mechanics and teachers both blew right past us on the salary scale and working conditions scale.
    What was I thinking...teacher with summers off, hmmmm.
    I know one thing is for sure when the kid gets older I will have to lay it all out for him. There are definitely easier ways to make a living. It will be his decision though.

(Montgomery County)

We are searching once again

PM me for details
    If I lived closer I would take you up on this, even though I got out of the auto industry almost 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Well, can't expect to much out of somebody dumb enough to pay $2500 for training when Schneider will do it free for a years work.
    Dose Schneider still offer this? I was looking on their site and all the job listings for PA seemed to want you to already have a CDL and 3-12 months driving experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast