Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good 9mm cc

Default Re: Good 9mm cc

i've been carryin the sigpro2022 iwb for about a year. also picked up a cz rami 2075, but its been at cz for tooooo long, Nitesites. i like the rami cause it small enough to be carried inside a jacket's pocket and still big enough to fit my hand.

(Centre County)

Since we're throwing around 9mm, I'll toss in the HK P7"PSP"/P7M8 option.

taurus pt-111 = small, light, 12+1, inexpensive, manual safety for carrying locked and loaded, double strike capability

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by indiegrind View Post
    taurus pt-111 = small, light, 12+1, inexpensive, manual safety for carrying locked and loaded, double strike capability
    +1 on the Taurus PT111 Pro. Fits great in my hand and still looks new after over 3000 rounds. Great fun to shoot and very comfortable to carry in my Crossbreed Supertuck.

All good suggestions men I thank you. das
    [SIGPIC]

I think Ive narrowed the feild to Glock 26 or S&W Sigma. das
    [SIGPIC]

By the way Steve from Philly you assumed wrong I have been shooting since I was kid and Im 45 now. I just dont carry often because I have all large framed pistols. I can assure Im confident shooting and shoot Pistols, Rifles and Shotgun pretty well. Please dont assume. You know what happens when you ass u me. das
    [SIGPIC]

(Lancaster County)

DAS,

I couldn't agree with you more. There is a serious lack of choices out there for carry-size DA/SA 9mm pistols.

Here's a few to check out:

CZ-75 compact or P-01--basically the same gun, the P-01 has an accessory rail on it, but for concealed carry that's pretty much irrelevant. I carry a P-01 most of the time and absolutely love it. It's not the smallest gun out there, so for deep concealment you may want to look further, but it's light and definitely not a "large" frame gun.

CZ P-07--Similar in concept to the 75, but updated with a different magazine and a polymer frame. Still a DA/SA with visible hammer. Slightly smaller and thinner than the P-01/compact but with higher capacity and lower price tag.

Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact--It's just like the full size storm, except tiny. I like the look of it, and it feels good in my hand, but I can't bring myself to spend $550-$600 for a plastic framed gun. It's still DA/SA though, and Beretta is a quality manufacturer.

CZ 2075 RAMI--Another variant of the CZ 75. Very small, holds 10 rounds in a double stack mag. Surprisingly accurate for such a small gun and the reduction in size doesn't affect recoil all that much. There are alloy, steel, and polymer framed models made with the polymer being the cheapest and the alloy being most expensive. Very light, easy to conceal, and definitely reliable.

Bersa/Firestorm Mini9--This is a subcompact 9mm DA/SA pistol that holds (I think?) 10 rounds in a double stack magazine. Despite the low price, these are very reliable guns, and reasonably accurate. You're not going to take this to a competition but if you need to eliminate a bad guy, it'll do the job. It's a little thicker than I like for a carry gun, but it's still easily concealable (basing this on a Firestorm Mini40, same dimensions). I like Bersas. They're cheap, decent looking, reliable, and because You didn't spend a million bucks you won't be afraid to expose it to the elements that exist within one's waistband.

Armalite AR-24 compact--Similar in size and design to the CZ P-01, but the magazine is slightly different and the frame is heavier. These are usually about $100-$150 less expensive however. They are very well made pistols and now that I've seen I can get Mec-Gar (aka reasonably priced) magazines for them I will be snapping up the next one I see.

Good luck in your search, I know it's frustrating. Personally, I refuse to give in. I just won't carry a striker fired pistol (Glock, XD etc). Call it superstition, lack of confidence, whatever, I don't care. It's my gun, my money and if I want a DA/SA with a visible hammer I'll have one dammit!

(Potter County)

i remember seeing an in-store video of a robery. the store clerk/owner pulled his semi-auto only to get shot by the low life scubbag numerous times because the clerk/owners gun was on safty and coulden't fire !!

that is why i am a g-19 carry fan, and mine has always gone bang when i pulled the trigger
    gun control dosen't work, career criminal control will !

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    ... I want a DA/SA with a visible hammer I'll have one dammit!
    How about a visible striker?
    Last edited by RandomTask; January 8th, 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast