Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Beltman Belt Review

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    honest answer? because its a POS.

the same difference you feel in getting a quality gun belt will be mirrored in getting a quality holster. One that wont shift on your belt, wont snap off in a struggle, or pull right out of your pants.

what model GLOCK are you carrying ?
    Since you feel this way about the Fobus please enlighten us on some suggestions for a better holster. Keep in mind blackhawk has a limited selection of gun models available and I am not willing to wait 6 months for a custom holster. For those of us who carry Kel Tecs, Witness-Ps and others. Please make a suggestion and not just be negative.

As of yet my Fobus seems fine but I am always willing to consider alternatives from those who have experience with others.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    For thread continuity and anyone interested in a similar product - I've decided on going with a Wilderness tactical belt.
    Mine is on its way I will let everyone know how it is when it arrives.

(Montgomery County)

I'm waiting for mine too, ordered it March 4th, so it should be here soon, can't wait. I already use a crossbreed belt which works fine, but I heard so many good things about beltman, i had to have one.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Has anyone ever used a gun belt from Crossbreed? CB sells gun belts in 1.5" x .25" cowhide for around $50 or so.

I've been comparing the CB belts to Beltman belts for a few days now, and besides the price difference and hardware options, I can't see any other differences.

The CB belts are about $20 cheaper, so I'm wondering if they're $20 less in quality as well.
    Looking to start homebrewing? Read my primers here and here

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GLK_19 View Post
    Has anyone ever used a gun belt from Crossbreed? CB sells gun belts in 1.5" x .25" cowhide for around $50 or so.

I've been comparing the CB belts to Beltman belts for a few days now, and besides the price difference and hardware options, I can't see any other differences.

The CB belts are about $20 cheaper, so I'm wondering if they're $20 less in quality as well.
    Have you been comparing the belts side by side in person, or are you just going on info from the internet?

I have no experience with the CB. As my OP shows, I used to be a department store belt guy.

I wanted to get a gun belt. So I thought to myself, if im going to do it, do it all the way.

From my limited research, Belt Man was the most highly rated. . .

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    Have you been comparing the belts side by side in person, or are you just going on info from the internet?

I have no experience with the CB. As my OP shows, I used to be a department store belt guy.

I wanted to get a gun belt. So I thought to myself, if im going to do it, do it all the way.

From my limited research, Belt Man was the most highly rated. . .
    I was comparing them on the internet. The Beltman belts come with more options, but are more expensive, and appear to be made the same way. I'm interested in getting a quality belt and don't mind spending what I have to, but I'm trying to justify the extra $20 or so for the Beltman unless it's considerably better than the Crossbreed belt.

I've heard quite a bit of praise for the Beltman products, but I haven't heard a whole lot about the CB belts. Has anyone here owned one?
    Looking to start homebrewing? Read my primers here and here

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    Since you feel this way about the Fobus please enlighten us on some suggestions for a better holster. Keep in mind blackhawk has a limited selection of gun models available and I am not willing to wait 6 months for a custom holster. For those of us who carry Kel Tecs, Witness-Ps and others. Please make a suggestion and not just be negative.

As of yet my Fobus seems fine but I am always willing to consider alternatives from those who have experience with others.
    I have a newer generation fobus I've been waiting for a chance to get together with Shawn and some other folks to test out.

I know with the older ones the following were all possible:

1. Rivets snap during attempted gun grab. Attacker gets the gun.
    2. Entire holster can be pulled from carrier. Attacker gets the gun
    3. Gun is not retained in any way - open top comes out (training can help here) - Attacker gets the gun

A lot of this depends on if you're carrying IWB or OWB.

This is what you're looking to prevent:

This was (I have seen it with my own eyes) absolutely possible with fobus holsters at some point in time.

There are plenty of people out there who make quality holsters for keltecs, if you're willing to research what will work for you.

However, when I think keltec (small pistols) I think concealed (generally) so IWB is usually where it's at. Plenty of great IWB holster makers out there as well.

When I carry OWB I use a bianchi model 7 for my glock 19, and if it's winter and I have my coat on all the time, I use the fobus.

I also make my own holsters too, so I have some that are situationally built too.

(Allegheny County)

A short update on my Beltman belt. Went camping this weekend and when I switched the belt from my shorts to jeans, I noticed one of the chicago screws was missing. Found it when I got home on my floor.

Don't forget the loctite!

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: Beltman Belt Review

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    Since you feel this way about the Fobus please enlighten us on some suggestions for a better holster.
    Safariland #6378 paddle.

This holster versus the Fobus is like comparing a Mercedes Turbodiesel to a Kia Sedona.

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Beltman Belt Review

Biggs:

Nice choice but, please.....say you didn't pick the wallpaper!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast