Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my LTCF!

Default Re: Got my LTCF!

Quote Originally Posted by NevynPA View Post
    IMO, it's rather slapdash. It's paper; slightly larger than a credit card but it still fits in my wallet (bi-fold) in a back pocket. It doesn't fit in a credit card slot or behind my DL. 1/4" longer than a credit card, and 1/2" taller.

I'd call it a 1/4 sheet of paper folded in half, and then it's put through a hand laminator (poorly, mine already started peeling apart).

The paper and laminate were cut by hand; the guy used a pair of scissors right there in front of me. It's not even square.
    Some sheriff's offices will use a copy machine to reduce the license first, then laminate it so it fits in a card slot in your wallet. They give you both; the paper one (unlaminated) and the reduced, laminated one.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Some sheriff's offices will use a copy machine to reduce the license first, then laminate it so it fits in a card slot in your wallet. They give you both; the paper one (unlaminated) and the reduced, laminated one.
    Yeah, this definitely isn't that. He pushed a piece of paper towards me that seemed to have the license in triplicate on it. I signed all 3, he cut them apart, folded one in half, laminated, and poof, that's what I've got.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Strange...I never heard that one before...requiring references to call in...I don't think that's in the UFA
    Here's an interesting thought.....how does this sheriff know who it calling in? The way he's doing it...I could make up 2 names, a male and a female, then call in myself as the male, and my wife calls as the female...

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Here's an interesting thought.....how does this sheriff know who it calling in? The way he's doing it...I could make up 2 names, a male and a female, then call in myself as the male, and my wife calls as the female...
    Yeah, that's a pretty idiotic requirement all the way around.

And even if THEY call your refs, who would put down someone who would not say what a honest, trustworthy, sober, drug-free, dog-petting, non-wife-abusing angel they are????

If you pass the PICS, just slap a LTCF in your hand and be done with it

(Columbia County)

Caller ID, possibly. You have to put down name, address, phone for the refs.

(Clinton County)

Welcome to the club Nevynpa!!! I too am a newbie to the LTCF crowd. Got mine about two weeks ago. Let us know how your "first carry" goes!!!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Adams County)

I agree. Pick 2 names out of phone book, and call from a pay phone and say it's your office number. Just seems like it reduces some of the reason for doing a reference check, which is pretty useless anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12