Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: What do you prefer as your primary weapon?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rifle

14 32.56%
  • Shotgun

9 20.93%
  • Pistol

20 46.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Poll...what is your preferred weapon?

If you had to choose between a rifle, shotgun, or pistol...what would your preferred firearm be and the reason why.

For me...it would have to be the rifle. My primary weapon is the rifle because I can shoot long distances. I like the challenge of those long range shots...not to mention that my rifles are sub MOA. My favorite rifle would have to be my DPMS 18" LR 308. I prefer it over my bolt action rifles because it's a semi that has bolt action accuracy. The semi feature allows me for quick follow up shots if I need to take multiple shots.

By the looks of the posts...I would venture to guess that most people on this site are going to choose the pistol.

Default Make mine a shotgun

Only because it is versatile, I could use it close or far, I could use glug or shot, I could hunt or combat and I could find ammo almost any where.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

I went for a rifle, just for versatility.

All depending on the situation, I'd go for either my Cetme or my Sub200.

The Cetme packs a punch, and looks like one mean mofo. The Sub folds really small, its dead accurate, light and fires commonly available 9mm.

Although, If were faced with a home invasion, I'd reach for my XD .45 first.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

totally depends on circumstances. i chose pistol because it is the easiest to hide.

if hiding it is not a concern, then a carbine. either an AR15 or an AK-47. again, the choice there depends on circumstances. am i going to be able to clean it regularly? if so, then the AR, if not, then the AK.

(Delaware County)

If I could only have one it would be the shotgun. More specific, my Benelli.

When you think of versitility: Slugs, Buckshot, BB-shot, variety of chokes etc......

The most versital weapon on the market. And it has no equal.

(Bucks County)

I am going to have to go with a rifle as well. I own bolth rifles and a pistol, but i get far more enjoyment shooting a rifle. Depending on what caliber, the ammo is still reasonably cheep(my 7.62 rounds cost less than .45 acp rounds), most semi automatic rifles are high capacity like most semi' pistols, plus rifles are great for short and long distances. Just all around FUN to shoot.
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Westmoreland County)

Shotgun for me also.

(Perry County)

I would most definitely go with a rifle. More specifically my 336C .35 Remington. Nothing more fun than plinking around with a lever action.

(Lehigh County)

Really depends on the circumstances. In/around the house it's the shotgun, and shotguns are my favorite weapon (My nickname in Halo is "Mr. Boomstick". Guess why.) Not much you can't do with a shotgun and the right tactics.

However... Out in open country I'd maybe have to go with a rifle for the reach. And I'm also big fan of pistol caliber carbines in SHTF situations. Don't make me choose!
    John: How come I'm not afraid?
    D'Argo: Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty.
    John: I love hanging with you, man.

(Montgomery County)

Rifle for me. But most of my experience is with old fashioned milsurp so I would prob be most comfortable with a nice bolt action 98k or such. Almost nothing to go wrong, easy to clean and durable.

AR's and AK's are great because of the huge amount of parts avaialble, I just would not be comfortable with a firearm as a 'go to weapon' unless I knew how to replace all of the parts inside it. And as of yet, I only have pasing familiarity with those two firearms.

Of course we havent mentioned what this is for. If this is a TEOTWAWKI scenario, then it would be Suomi M31. Select fire capable so single shots are easy out to 100 yards and 70 round drum for up close and personal. And 9mm P for ease of feeding.
    Last edited by GeorgeF; September 27th, 2006 at 04:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast