Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Calling all Deleware/Montgomery/Chester county Members

On February 22nd, which happens to fall on a Monday, we will legally be able to carry weapons into US parks. I would like to propose a get together/BBQ to be held at Valley Forge Historical Park on Sunday, February 28th.

While it will be most likely be chilly, we should be able to grill some hamburgers and hot dogs on one of the many grills in the park area.
    I always liked the Waynes Woods area, but there are many.

The park would like a permit if we have over 50. At least that is what ison their web site. But I'm thinking there won't be to many picnickers that day.

What say ye all? Feb 28th? Waynes Woods. Say 1:00 to 4:00.

I have a bag of charcoal and a small grill. I will also bring a bag of rolls and package of hot dogs.

Friday, May 22, 2009

On Wednesday, NRA-backed legislation to restore the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens in national parks and wildlife refuges passed in the U.S. House of Representatives by an overwhelming bipartisan majority of 279-147. Today, the measure was signed into law and, as specified in the legislation, will take effect in nine months, on Monday February 22, 2010. This was a major repudiation of the gun control community's anti self-defense agenda.

The current Department of Interior (DOI) regulations were amended by the Bush Administration in 2008, allowing law-abiding citizens to defend themselves by carrying a concealed firearm in national parks and wildlife refuges. However, early this year, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. granted anti-gun plaintiffs a preliminary injunction against implementation of the new rule. NRA has been working for the past several years in the regulatory, legal, and legislative arenas to achieve this policy change.

"It has been an NRA priority to change the old, outdated rule, and we are pleased that Congress passed this critical legislation," said NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox. "This step brings clarity and uniformity for law-abiding gun owners visiting our national parks and wildlife refuges. NRA will continue to pursue every avenue to defend the American people's right of self-defense."
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Calling all Deleware/Montgomery/Chester county Members

I may be up for this. I'm not familiar with this area of the park. Are pets allowed?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    I may be up for this. I'm not familiar with this area of the park. Are pets allowed?
    Leashed pets, yes!! Also there is a map on the link posted below!!

http://www.nps.gov/vafo/planyourvisit/pets.htm

(Bucks County)

If my wife is not taking me away for my birthday that weekend I would be up for it.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    If my wife is not taking me away for my birthday that weekend I would be up for it.
    Have her take you to a fantasy suite at the hotel there, and then come buy and have a burger or dog. Hope to see you!

(Bucks County)

My wife will be about 8 and a half months pregnant so the only fantasy that I will be living is hoping that her water does not break while we are in bed together.

I used to run a Subaru dealership and we had a ride and drive where we test new cars out at the convention center. They wound up putting all of us up in those rooms and the guys from Japan thought that it was the funniest thing. They have a downstairs club there and my room was across the hall so all I heard till about 2 in the morning was the bass from the speakers shaking the mirror over my bed.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Delaware County)

Does the new law permit one to carry inside buildings contained within Federal Parks?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Does the new law permit one to carry inside buildings contained within Federal Parks?
    "Existing regulations regarding the carrying of firearms remain otherwise unchanged, particularly limitations on poaching and target practice and prohibitions on carrying firearms in federal buildings."

http://www.doi.gov/news/08_News_Releases/120508.html

(Delaware County)

Bumping to get some more involvement. I can't triple copy this as I got a violation for multiple posting.
    Those of us that live here knows that Valley Forge Historical National Park borders Delaware, Montgomery and Chester county. Main entrance is located in Montgomery, so I decided that it should be there.

Please help me get some coverage from the other 2 surrounding counties so we can have a strong turnout!

(Montgomery County)

Perhaps making it an Event and posting it might generate a little more interest?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast