Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Obnoxious .50 beowulf !!! but I want it !!!

This 50 is so cool. I read some advice before ordering it and did get the brake with it.
    Thank goodness. I ordered in November and it came the end of March, just about 4 months.
    If they were going to ban them, then I wanted to make sure I had one. It is real cool to take to
    the range since "it's just another AR...." then when it fires BOOM, then everyone stops to come
    look and say "what is that?" I unload it and carefully show them the muzzle end.....
    "Wow, that ain't no 223!"

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post

This 50 is so cool. I read some advice before ordering it and did get the brake with it.
    Thank goodness. I ordered in November and it came the end of March, just about 4 months.
    If they were going to ban them, then I wanted to make sure I had one. It is real cool to take to
    the range since "it's just another AR...." then when it fires BOOM, then everyone stops to come
    look and say "what is that?" I unload it and carefully show them the muzzle end.....
    "Wow, that ain't no 223!"

YUP I know exactly what you are talking about..

When I got mine , I took it to the PSG 50 yard range. There was about 5 or 6 others there. I had a set of flip up sights on mine, not even sighted in. Just wanted to function test and make sure everything cycled and went bang..

Well pulled the first few shots, cleared and checked rifle over. Looked to my right and everyone was looking like "What the hell was that" . I felt like Tackleberry on police academy on the firing line.

Whats also fun, when folks ask about it. Take a .223/5.56 normal round. Hand it to them explain this is what a normal AR shoots. Then plunk a .50 Beowulf round in their hand..Usual reply I get is "HOLY CRAP"....Pure penis envy starts...Ya know nah nah mines bigger than yours!

Snert

My medium distance shooting/ handloading partner has a .50 B'w upper. Because he wanted more than his .50AE upper.
    With 300 some gr bullets recoil is pretty much 12ga-ish .
    And you should go into it expecting it to be a primarily handloading situation.
    He has private range at his home, so no interesting firing line stories.
    I enjoy the occasional encounter with his, but not holding my breath to get one myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123