Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default H. Pieper Belgium Flobert .32 cal centerfire.

This is the last of the firearms that my dad left my mother that she didn't want. My research, as cursory as it was after days of digging on the internet, shows that it's a Flobert Remington action made in Belgium by H. Pieper. These were imported in the latter half of the 1800's, right up til WWI began, roughly 1920ish, depending on the webpage you look at. They sold for roughly $3.25 each through the E.C. Meacham Arms Co and Francis Bannerman. This particular model appears to be the .32 cal centerfire. I have the hand loader for the cartridges, which is also a bullet mold, as well as about 40 or so cartridges and a few primers. This is the only version I've been able to find with a carved stock. The stock has two old repairs for splits, and it's missing the screw that goes from inside the stock to the front of the trigger guard.

The finish is honest on the metal and wood...showing good patina, and the only thing you could consider as rust is on the buttplate. Dad picked this up in a trade a number of years ago, and like many of the firearms we've gone through, was put up and forgotten about. To me, it's a true wall hanger, and will likely wind up mounted to a reclaimed piece of barnwood and hung on the wall in the bedroom or shop. Value is unknown at the moment, but I suspect that a collector would pay around $250 or a bit higher due to the carved stock, plus the fact that it has the hand loader/bullet mold with it...as well as some brass.

Some of my research has shown that some call it a parlor gun, while others refer to it as a boy's rifle. I'm still up in the air about it, as I'm still digging up information, however sparse it is on the interwebs.

Anyway...here's the pictures of it. If you know anything about these, please share your information. Thanks!!

"A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: H. Pieper Belgium Flobert .32 cal centerfire.

One interesting item to note...the photos I've found online all show a full octagon barrel. This one has been turned past the end of the stock.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington