Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Felton, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    948
    Rep Power
    8821

    Default Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Was looking into doing a handgun transfer in the York area, close to the Gander Mountain in York and wanted to look into Stonybrook. I called the number a couple of times today to see if they did transfers and if so what they charged. Not sure if they are open on Mondays or if I just missed them. Anyone know if they do transfers there and what they charge?

    If you have a better recommendation for the area, I am all ears. Thanks everyone!

    GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Windsor Twsp., Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    6,641
    Rep Power
    14028639

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post
    Was looking into doing a handgun transfer in the York area, close to the Gander Mountain in York and wanted to look into Stonybrook. I called the number a couple of times today to see if they did transfers and if so what they charged. Not sure if they are open on Mondays or if I just missed them. Anyone know if they do transfers there and what they charge?

    If you have a better recommendation for the area, I am all ears. Thanks everyone!

    GB

    I have never done a transfer at Stonybrook, but I can tell you the store is closed on every Monday. Give 'em a ring tomorrow.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Felton, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    948
    Rep Power
    8821

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Roger that! Thanks
    Certified Glock Armorer

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hanover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Can you post or pm me what you find out? I'm buying a handgun online and I'm looking for a store in the Hanover/York area to do the transfer. I've been to Stonybrook a few times and I think they're closed sunday and monday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Windsor Twsp., Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    6,641
    Rep Power
    14028639

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    Can you post or pm me what you find out? I'm buying a handgun online and I'm looking for a store in the Hanover/York area to do the transfer. I've been to Stonybrook a few times and I think they're closed sunday and monday.

    Have you tried W E Sell Sporting Goods in Hanover? I have to make my way there, but I hear nothing but great reviews and experiences from them. They would be much closer for you than Stonybrook.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hanover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    588

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    What about Stubby's? I will be doing a transfer there friday. I believe its $20.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Felton, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    948
    Rep Power
    8821

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Yea I'll look into Stubby's. $20 would be a good price. I'll let you know what I find out about Stonybrook.
    Certified Glock Armorer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hanover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Have you tried W E Sell Sporting Goods in Hanover? I have to make my way there, but I hear nothing but great reviews and experiences from them. They would be much closer for you than Stonybrook.
    I stop by there every once in a while, they usually don't have much of a selection of handguns, but sometimes they have some good deals on used ones, last time i was there they had a p229 that looked almost new with the case and everything for $525, would have bought it except it was .40 and I'm looking for a 9mm.
    I usually have to go up to York once a week, and I've bought from Stonybrook before, so figured I'd see what they charge, probably stop by Sells and check on their fee as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    I deal with John, the owner of Stonybrook quite often. He's a good guy but not always the absolute cheapest. Different businesses have different amounts of overhead and profit margins they need to stay in business. Give him a call about the transfer, but I doubt he'll beat the $20 at Stuby's.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Freedom, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    3194978

    Default Re: Transfer @ Stonybrook Shooting Supplies?

    +1 for Stubbys. Used them several times, great folks.
    Underwater, the ONLY way to fly...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stonybrook Shooting Supplies (York)
    By NightRocker in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 15th, 2009, 09:02 PM
  2. Flintlock Shooting Supplies
    By 22OnUp in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM
  3. PMAGS $14.95 at Matt's Shooting Supplies (Pa.)
    By Pa. Patriot in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 15th, 2009, 09:36 PM
  4. Matt's shooting supplies
    By rey in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
  5. Matt's Shooting Supplies in Dallas, Pa
    By Gary in Pennsylvania in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 30th, 2008, 06:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops