Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are YOU Tired Of Municipalities Violating PA Firearms Preemption Law?

Just sent an e-mail to Tallman.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Are YOU Tired Of Municipalities Violating PA Firearms Preemption Law?

I received a response from Kate Harper- This sums it up- Thanks for alerting her to this bill. Her husband and sons are target shooters and she notes with some dismay the CeasefirePA email blasts of yet another unconstitutional local ordinance being passed.....The courts have already ruled this area is preempted by state law.

She falls short of saying she will sponsor the bill. I sent her another email asking her to clarify if she plans on becoming a sponsor.

No response yet from the other two Montco reps I emailed.

edit- Still no response from the other two reps.
    Last edited by smithwessn; January 20th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

(Northumberland County)

I sent an email twice to Rep Belfanti i live 3 blocks from his office in Mt Carmel and my old ladys mother is friends with Belfantis mom so i hope he can help us get this bill and HB 40 moved to the floor ASAP.

(Chester County)

I received a reply to my second email to Kate Harper. It appears, at this time, she does not plan on becoming a sponsor of HB 1541. Basically, she said she isn't sure she is on board with the bill's "approach." She said traditionally, courts have simply invalidated unconstitutional laws, not punished the "legislator." She prefers laws that discourage "bad behavior" by local governments by withholding state funds because "that usually works better to achieve the desired aim discouraging them from enacting and enforcing bad laws."

Anyway, still no response from Quigley or Godshall. I'll give it one more day and send another email to those two guys.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    I received a reply to my second email to Kate Harper. It appears, at this time, she does not plan on becoming a sponsor of HB 1541. Basically, she said she isn't sure she is on board with the bill's "approach." She said traditionally, courts have simply invalidated unconstitutional laws, not punished the "legislator." She prefers laws that discourage "bad behavior" by local governments by withholding state funds because "that usually works better to achieve the desired aim discouraging them from enacting and enforcing bad laws."

In other words, she has her faith in crooked government. I'd write her back and tell her that her actions in this regard WILL affect her in the next election.

I just saw this thread for the first time and I will be writing my rep, Tom Killian, to get him on board. I have written him before and he appears to be very pro-rights from his responses.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    She said traditionally, courts have simply invalidated unconstitutional laws, not punished the "legislator." She prefers laws that discourage "bad behavior" by local governments by withholding state funds because "that usually works better to achieve the desired aim discouraging them from enacting and enforcing bad laws."
    So, the offending municipality should lose money by receiving less funds from the state instead of losing money by paying actual damages in court costs? Either way, the loss of money is the motivating consequence; the only difference is in who is able to initiate proceedings against an offending municipality. Apparently she feels that only the state should be able to put an offending municipality in line?

(Chester County)

Well, she is a woman. I gave up trying to figure them out long before I was even married.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Rep Casorio has added his name as a sponsor (gives US 44 now).
    + 1 Throwin Lead

Everyone Please feel free to contact the other Reps on page one of this thread..

Please remember this.
    You have every right to contact any Rep as they all work for you.

Some Reps districts have lots of rich people in them and other Reps districts are full of poor people, that have no money at all, same can apply to the big city reps to the rural areas, all have different concerns and needs.
    All the money to pay the Reps salaries, office space, or staff just don't come from the voters back in their district, it come from everyone in PA, from the general treasury. With that in mind maybe you can't vote for the other 202 house or 49 senators at election time but in every vote they cast as a legislator, thei Votes represents every Citizen of PA bests interest (at least in theory), not just the ones back home, so you have every right to contact any or ask all of them if you wish.

WE just try to make list of the Reps that usually, might or always support our rights as a suggestions for people to contact, to achieve max results.

Thank you for all that are doing your part to contact the Reps.

Everyone please ask all of the Reps on page one to become sponsors.
    Two more, now 46, TALLMAN and QUIGLEY

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Two more, now 46, TALLMAN and QUIGLEY
    I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get a reply from Tallman......

(Northampton County)

I won't have a reply from Grucela for a while. It seems like he does the replying and sends the response snail mail. I have noticed that he either remembers who I am and what I've written to him about before or his staff has a dossier on me with all my emails printed out because he always makes reference to previous emails I've sent him.

His responses also generally seem enthusiastic about pro gun legislation.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast