Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scary Situation

Default Re: Scary Situation

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    You are a DA's wet dream.
    I dont fear DAs. I suppose you are one of the few that disagree with the notion that it is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six? See, what that attitude will get you is dead. Dead is really permanent. Hesitation to act because you fear prosecution will get you dead.

(Lehigh County)

Who said anything about me fearing prosecution?

I merely wish not to take another's life if I don't have to. If I can retreat, I will. On the other hand, you have stated in no uncertain terms that you'd rather kill someone than retreat.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lackawanna County)

I merely wish not to take another's life if I don't have to. If I can retreat, I will. On the other hand, you have stated in no uncertain terms that you'd rather kill someone than retreat.
    It wont let me rep you. I will have to owe you some.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

If my life has been threatened, absolutely, unless retreating gives me a tactical advantage.

Kill or be killed? I'm going to take the kill option every time.
    Last edited by 3per; January 4th, 2010 at 01:05 AM.

(Lehigh County)

I don't consider myself to have a particularly strict moral code, but I have to say... your opinion scares me.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

I don't consider myself to have a particularly strict moral code, but I have to say... your opinion scares me.
    And I'm quite OK with that.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3per View Post
    If my life has been threatened, absolutely, unless retreating gives me a tactical advantage.

Kill or be killed? I'm going to take the kill option every time.
    If its kill or be killed, then by all means, take out the threat. We are saying if there are other options available, they will probably be better than shooting.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

Getting back on topic here.

If this were me, what would I do?... hmmm

First of all, we/you don't "know" shit.... in reference to knowing he's not meaning to shoot someone. Just want to get that out of the way.

Secondly, I think if I were there I would very strongly VERBALLY interfere. Doing whatever I could to get the muzzle of the weapon pointed away from the person. If "something" happens, you take it from there.

After the threat was gone,...what would I do? probably nothing...besides not associate with this person again. I could just see calling the cops on this and I honestly don't know what would happen. I could totally see them blowing it off because nothing ended up happening and thats how humans treat things. You could be Indiana Jones and survive a nuclear blast by crawling in an old refrigerator and as long as you were OK when your done, no one cares. On the other hand, they just might treat as if its a big deal. Also...maybe tattling on him to the Army might do some good... I don't know. I would have to think about it.

adding to my post here. To expound on what I was saying before. I want to stress my VERBAL interference. I am not about to touch anyone with a loaded gun, unless your 100% your interference will have a good chance of lessening the threat. You will only make the situation worse. And if you were hellbent on getting this guy busted, after the muzzle wad down, maybe you could go apeshit and escalate the situation by tackling this guy, and IMMEDIATELY calling the cops and when they get they say "this man loaded up an assault rifle, chambered a round, and pointed it at this mans head" As long as you don't let the situation die down, I think there would be enough "buzz" to keep things going. I would just be afraid of what I said earlier happening, and after everything calms down, you call the cops and them say "so what" Get everyone at the party informed of what just happened and then the party goes from a party to a bunch of shocked people standing around waiting for the cops. If you have 30 people standing there not doing anything versus all socializing when the cops get there, that would definitely sell whats happening.

just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; January 4th, 2010 at 03:37 AM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical453 View Post
    I'm going to be 20 years old very soon and I'm already starting to look into CC/OC laws so that I will be educated when I turn 21 and do it. My friend just the other day was telling me about something that happened to him and I began thinking what I would have done if I was there.

My friend will be 21 here in April and he was at a party with a bunch of similarly aged individuals. The host of the party was currently in the Army and me and my buddy know him well enough to know he isn't a killer or flat out criminal, but we aren't exactly acquaintances with him.

Well from my friends side of the story, this Army guy is highly intoxicated and decides to cause trouble with someone in his own house. He picks my friend, starts giving him crap about how he doesn't know what it's like to be in Iraq pulls out his AR-15, loads a mag, chambers a round and puts it to my friends head. My friend has led me to believe that this is completely true, and it's scary to even think about it. I know my friend should press charges, but I know him and it will never happen.

So the question is, if I'm there, 10 feet away while this is happening and I am armed, what should I do? I know that this guy is doing something that is absolutely stupid, but I also know enough about this guy to know the only way that gun is firing is an ND and he would never kill someone.

Please, if you guys can, spare me the "get new friends stuff". As I said, I wasn't there, and I am not friends with these people but my friend will hangout with basically anyone he can regardless of what they are like.

It seems to me the obvious answer is to shoot this guy, but I'm not sure I could do it knowing that there is a .01% chance he will fire.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
    so, how did the situation deescalate? how did your friend walk away with his life? clearly something stopped this guy, and i, personally, would like to know what it was.

if it was that this drunk prick decided to just put the gun down, that's fine, but if someone actually acted to stop things from getting worse, i would really like to know what worked.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddog101775 View Post
    so, how did the situation deescalate? how did your friend walk away with his life? clearly something stopped this guy, and i, personally, would like to know what it was.

if it was that this drunk prick decided to just put the gun down, that's fine, but if someone actually acted to stop things from getting worse, i would really like to know what worked.
    The drunk prick just decided to put the gun down.

Philbert, I completely understand what you were trying to tell me in that deadly force needs to be my only option to stop the threat. If I truly believed that this man would kill my friend, he would be down in a second. I'm not going to tackle this guy with a loaded gun and take chances at getting myself killed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast