Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Ellwood City Help

I am from Ellwood City and thinking about buying a gun now that my children are all out of the house. Can anyone recommend a local gun shop and gun safty course in the Ellwood, New Castle, Beaver Falls area? I am also interested in joining a gun club to shoot at.

Default Re: Ellwood City Help

I live in Pittsburgh but find myself doing probably 99% of my gun shopping needs at either Dukes in new castle, or sportsmans supply in butler.

http://www.dukessportshop1.com/
    http://sportsmanssupplyco.com/

I'm not real sure of the best local range out that way(outside of castlewood and IIRC membership is closed there). I'm sure someone will be around to help you out there. You aren't all that far from the SGL's(off the wexford/910 exit on 79), but you get some characters shooting at them so they aren't my favorite.

(Lawrence County)

I do my business at Duke's. Triangle is near you, not a big store but worth a look. John Brown's is close too.

Castlewood may be accepting members, there is a meeting tomorrow at 7:30pm, you may want to check it out.

Lawrence Co sportman association near Wapum.

Beaver County has a club also.

(Beaver County)

also check out coopers guns, just out by brush creek park -- GREAT prices and good people.

There are tons of clubs - castlewood isn't usually looking for members. Lawrence county sportsman are up just north of wampum - they do IDPA, and a lot of shotgun sports but little in the way of classes. The membership is open, but it ain't cheap.

Check out the ellwood wampum club on ellwood wampum road. THey do some classes, have an indoor range and seem like a pretty nice club.

Across the river from ellwood, just outside of koppel is the koppel big beaver sportsman - no classes but an indoor range and a wide open membership --one of the cheaper clubs around.

Beaver valley rifle and pistol down by brady's run park offers classes, IDPA and a lot of programs- again, not cheap, but worth what they have.

PM me for info on any of the above.

(Lawrence County)

Castlewood has an open to the public night on Thursdays starting the 14th. Only maybe 5-10 of us just show up. Come shoot some guns. We're all happy to share. Your first time is free.

Lycanthenwegooutforfoodthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by huntingbeaver View Post
    also check out coopers guns, just out by brush creek park -- GREAT prices and good people.

There are tons of clubs - castlewood isn't usually looking for members. Lawrence county sportsman are up just north of wampum - they do IDPA, and a lot of shotgun sports but little in the way of classes. The membership is open, but it ain't cheap.

Actually, Castlewood almost always has slots this time of year when memberships expire.

Lycaninsidescoopthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Actually, Castlewood almost always has slots this time of year when memberships expire.

Lycaninsidescoopthrope
    thanks - that's good to know. that's one club I've never been to. I drove up to shoot sporting one tuesday night and the gate was all locked up. I've heard lots of good things about the club.

(Beaver County)

Do you know what you want?
    I suggest field testing with some freinds on here at a group shoot first.
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Lawrence County)

Hey guys. Neat place ya'll got here...

I'm looking for a range in the New Castle/Ellwood area, too, but hopefully a public range. A friend of mine took me to Castlewood but the 1-round-per-magazine limit is a deal-breaker. I'm not paying a membership to turn my AR into a single-shot, haha. I've heard of a range up in West Middlesex that I plan to check out, and I'm just sorta hoping that there's a place closer to home I haven't heard of. I guess I'm spoiled from living in State College and having Scotia Range so close... Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty Three View Post
    A friend of mine took me to Castlewood but the 1-round-per-magazine limit is a deal-breaker.

I've been going there for quite a while, and can NEVER remember of hearing anything about 1 round per mag limits...

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast