Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Ellwood City Help

I'm a member of Lawrence County Sportsmans. It's a really nice club with lots of features. Best clays around and a 600 yd rifle range (open, under roof, paved with shooting benches), archery, several pistol options and a fantastic club house where you can have lunch before or after shooting on Sundays. Check out the website:

http://www.shootlcsa.com/

Come visit and someone will be happy to answer your questions and show you around, or PM me and Ill arrange a time to meet you there and show you the grounds.

Gun stores? Everyone has their favorite, and it seems the longer you've been a cutomer, the better experience you have in a particular store. Most area stores are friendly and helpful right from the first visit. Duke's is closest to me and they're awesome!

(Lawrence County)

$75 a year, $100 initiation fee, $5 card fee, and the only thing free is the rifle range? A buck to shoot pistol?

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Lawrence County)

The buck to shoot a pistol is for the .22 golf. .22 silhouette or high power pistol silhouette courses. The dollar helps defer the costs of maintaining the courses. The rifle range, pistol ranges and archery stand are free. Clays are basically "pay for what you consume". For sporting clays, you can rent a cart or bring your own cart / quad.

(Lawrence County)

Fifty Three, I belong to Fur-Fin-Feather club in West Middlesex, Pa. It's got a 25 yard covered pistol, and .22 range. It's also got a covered 50-100 yard high power and everything else range. There is a two tier elevated archery platform, a woods walk archery range, and a turkey shoot range also. Memberships are really inexpensive and it's practically deserted during the weekdays when I usually go. I've been a member for a long time and it's only about 5 miles from where I live. Message me if you are interested and I can give you the membership info and the calendar of events. It's only about 2 miles off of the 376 north West Middlesex exit. A couple miles from this range is Hidden Valley. I used to set up at their gunshows but don't know much about their range offerings. Wildwince

(Lawrence County)

Exactly where is Morris Firearms ? Dukes is decent.
    Last edited by warpath9809; May 28th, 2018 at 10:11 PM.

(Lawrence County)

Jerrod Morris's gun shop closed down. He is now working at Elite Firearms in Hermitage, Pa. I went to Lone Wolf ONCE. Felt like I was bothering the guy by just being there. I was in the market for a .45 carry weapon and had heard there was a new shop around so I wanted to check it out.Once he found out I wasn't buying right then and there, he couldn't have cared less. Several other friends of mine have told me the same thing so it must not have been just him having a bad day thing. There are many other shops around the area and I get/have gotten treated alot better at those shops.

(Lawrence County)

Have to agree with wildwince on LoneWolf, I'll never go back and he's within probably 5 miles of me. I called him a few times when I was looking for a Ruger SR1911 and he told me he was getting one in and to just call back every week or so. I called one day and he had one so I ran up to check it out, I was ready to buy right on the spot. Loved the gun until he told me he wanted $800 for it, everyone else around here was selling them for $650 when they had them.

I ended up buying one about a month later and also purchased a Kahr PM9 and a Savage 7mm-08 since then, that's between $1500 and $2000 worth of business he would have had a chance at if he didn't try to fuck me on the Ruger. I've kept quite a few people out of that store since then also. The guy has a major attitude problem. My favorite shop in the Ellwood area is Triangle guns out towards Wurtemburg. He's pretty small but a real nice guy and easy to deal with.

Warpath, you're not by chance employed in the natural gas industry are you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123