Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I took the PRISIM Use of Force training today

I just registered for the class on February 20th. Here is the link to the page where you register. http://www.lccc.edu/noncredit-studen...POL&course=412 .

If you want a great description on the event, check out PennsyPlinker's day of training here http://forum.pafoa.org/training-tact...-training.html

Anybody else interested?
    Last edited by JIDinPhilly; February 21st, 2010 at 02:34 AM.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PRISim Use of Force training on 2/20/10

I went to the training class today and all I have to say is that it was awesome! It really opened my eyes to the reality of carrying a firearm in public. I was the first person in my group of 4 to try my hand at some different scenarios. My heart was thumping and my adrenalin was pumping as I stood in front of the instructors desk getting ready for the first scene.

Even though we were in the safe environment of a classroom, I still got tunnel vision at times and forgot some details of what just happened.

Some of the scenarios:
    I'm walking down the street and a group of 4 guys and a girl try and rob me. I blasted that bitch...lol

I'm in my house and in the middle of the night, a drunk guy breaks into my house because he doesn't know where he is.

I'm in the passenger seat of a car while my wife is driving. A bum comes to the driver side looking for money and it escalates quickly. He grabs my wife through the window and pulls a knife on her.

My favorite scene this training is for police so some people in the scenes call you officer) I'm working security at a presidential rally or something similar. A guy in sun glasses carrying a metal briefcase walks right through the metal detector, setting it off. He turns around and says "I have a bomb and i'm gonna set it off in 5....4....3.....2......1. By the time he got to 2, I had a head shot lined up and dropped him with one shot. It was fucking cool!

Another important reality that I experienced was the fact that the "debate" over carrying one in the pipe is actually not a debate at all. The speed at which things happen in almost all of the different scenes, would mean death for me if those scenes were real. There is literally no time and assess the threat and then chamber a round. It's hard to explain unless you go through the course, but if you carry a gun, do yourself a favor and spend the $150 to take the class. It really changed my views and I really can't put a price on the experience and knowledge I received in one 8 hour class.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Perry County)

Default Re: PRISim Use of Force training on 2/20/10

I attended the class with Josh. And yes, he did really whack that Bitch with the huge knife.

I also believe this is very good training. There was a brief overview of the law (probably the one are that was somewhat weak). Then on the the scenarios using the Prisim system. The scenarios were rather lifelike, many times so much so that tunnel vision and other physiological changes took place.

What i found most enlightening was the difficulty of making split second decisions that simulated life and death situations. One of the best aspects of the training was the variety of situations in terms of acceptable resolutions. Some time one must take cover and immediately fire effectively of be killed. In others the situation developed in such a way that one could shoot or not and only later would it become apparent where the situation was going. If I ever get on a jury I will hopefully remember how easy it is to judge in good faith and still make a tragic mistake.

All in all a very thought provoking class, and well taught by a pretty cool guy.
    Recommended, for those who carry and those thinking about it.