Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Pilots get reprieve to keep their guns

Pilots who have volunteered for special weapons training to allow them to carry handguns on the flight deck got a reprieve from losing their carry option. With the scarcity of Air Marshals, I would hate for these guys to lose that option. See CNN link:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/12/31...ots/index.html

Alchemist77

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Pilots get reprieve to keep their guns

Good for them. I know it is extended for 6 months, lets hope it stays for good.

(Bucks County)

Arming pilots is a terrible idea. Carrying a gun would allow them to easily hijack the plane. Guns are very dangerous. The last thing we want is for these guys to have the lives of hundreds of passengers in their hands because they're carrying a gun.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

I read most of the posts by citizens underneath the story. Many claimed to be CCW permit holders. Most agreed that CC on a plane would be bad becasue a "BAD GUY" terrorist would be found who would qualify and then board an aircraft and create carnage. The fear mongering has even got supposed gun owners and CCW permit holders thinking like sheeple. If there are 300 ppl on a plane and one terrorist is able to legally conceal on the plane, whats the probability that there are a few others too? I would think pretty high.

Lets restrict the rights of the many on a hypothetical maybe of a bad event happening. Thats like saying "Every person shall receive upon meeting the requirements for a drivers license, be issued a speeding citation and one for following to close because all drivers will eventually commit these two motor vehicle code infractions. Stupid ideology.

I will say again...TSA needs to go away as airlines are private industry and the Gov has no business providing security to a private industry. Individual citizens are reponsible for their own safety and security....see U.S.S.C decisions on such.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I read most of the posts by citizens underneath the story. Many claimed to be CCW permit holders. Most agreed that CC on a plane would be bad becasue a "BAD GUY" terrorist would be found who would qualify and then board an aircraft and create carnage. The fear mongering has even got supposed gun owners and CCW permit holders thinking like sheeple. If there are 300 ppl on a plane and one terrorist is able to legally conceal on the plane, whats the probability that there are a few others too? I would think pretty high.

Lets restrict the rights of the many on a hypothetical maybe of a bad event happening. Thats like saying "Every person shall receive upon meeting the requirements for a drivers license, be issued a speeding citation and one for following to close because all drivers will eventually commit these two motor vehicle code infractions. Stupid ideology.

I will say again...TSA needs to go away as airlines are private industry and the Gov has no business providing security to a private industry. Individual citizens are reponsible for their own safety and security....see U.S.S.C decisions on such.
    Whoa, I'm not even gonna go there, but what's that have to do with PILOTs carrying guns?
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Jefferson County)

Give everyone 1 gun with 1 bullet that steps foot on a plane and a license to kill anyone that attempts a hijacking. Collect said guns at the end of the flight.

Problem solved.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post

I am confused, I thought this is allowing pilots to carry, not customers being flown. The comments are ridiculous but not unexpected by people letting emotions take over. If they are discussing just pilots than the fear of a terrorist "qualifying" is just plain dumb. If he qualifies as a pilot than he can cause a lot more damage with the airplane than with a gun.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I am confused, I thought this is allowing pilots to carry, not customers being flown. The comments are ridiculous but not unexpected by people letting emotions take over. If they are discussing just pilots than the fear of a terrorist "qualifying" is just plain dumb. If he qualifies as a pilot than he can cause a lot more damage with the airplane than with a gun.
    Indeed... similarly people have accepted without question all kinds of risks in everyday life like the millions of people that are licensed to drive 4000lb lethal weapons anywhere they want, and with no background check or real protection against them using them accidentally or on purpose to kill. People think nothing of pumping gasoline, which is actually a quite toxic and explosive chemical (and some idiots even smoke while they're doing it). We even give special non-discrimination and non-inform rights to people who walk around with a lethal biological weapon concealed in their body (HIV) anywhere they want, while we force people who want to carry a mechanical lethal weapon to undergo background checks to get the privilege of having a license to do so. Interesting to think about real risks that are accepted or ignored all together in everyday life versus "hot buttons" that people fear just because of perception.

As for the pilots who volunteer for the screening and training to carry on-board... I stand behind them and hope more choose to get trained and carry.

Alchemist77

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Whoa, I'm not even gonna go there, but what's that have to do with PILOTs carrying guns?
    I realize alot of people will never get over the their belief in Government everything. But the reality is, TSA, Homeland Security, and many other Government agencies need to just go away.

The ideology is that anything the GOV does is ok. Sorry, its not ok. The nanny state mentality has well prepared the masses, including those are supporters of 2A.

I do apologize for not realizing the specific topic at hand, pilots carrying. No harm no foul but short and simple: Another huge failure by the current Administration.

CL