Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Sporting Clays / Skeet?

Hello all, I haven't been on here in about a year (and before that was not very active with posting), but I have a question that I hope someone could help me out with. I recently shot some sporting clays / skeet/ whatevertheyarecalled and I really had a good time. I was wondering if there was anywhere to shoot clays? I was a member at Walnut Creek, but let my membership expire and have been going to the SGL range when shooting, and I know that you were not allowed to shoot at anything airborne there anyway. I am about to purchase my first shotgun and would like to have the chance to shoot some clays. I know that Gem City has trap (not sure of the difference), but I just haven't been out there to get a membership up and running. I guess my basic question is: are there any public places to go and shoot if you have your own thrower and clays? Any information (especially contacts or links) would be great.
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

Default Re: Sporting Clays / Skeet?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesaint View Post
    Hello all, I haven't been on here in about a year (and before that was not very active with posting), but I have a question that I hope someone could help me out with. I recently shot some sporting clays / skeet/ whatevertheyarecalled and I really had a good time. I was wondering if there was anywhere to shoot clays? I was a member at Walnut Creek, but let my membership expire and have been going to the SGL range when shooting, and I know that you were not allowed to shoot at anything airborne there anyway. I am about to purchase my first shotgun and would like to have the chance to shoot some clays. I know that Gem City has trap (not sure of the difference), but I just haven't been out there to get a membership up and running. I guess my basic question is: are there any public places to go and shoot if you have your own thrower and clays? Any information (especially contacts or links) would be great.
    I can't help ya if you are just looking for a place to throw your own clay birds. Many local clubs like Edinboro, Gem City, Gem City Outdoorsmen, Erie Skeet Club, Critter Path Sporting Clays all have different clay games to play. Trap, skeet, and sporting clays all use clay targets but are very different games. Google can help you see the difference. Check out the clubs I mentioned above.
    Jules

(Erie County)

Default Re: Sporting Clays / Skeet?

Thank you for the info. I will check out the groups that you listed. Thanks again!
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.