Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: West Deer Township Sportsmen's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Amarielias View Post
    Hey,
    MarkScott100 and sh00k
    I'm unsure as to what the issue is in reaching him for I myself haven't been there for awhile. but from what I've gathered he goes to the shooters bench every single morning and hangs there for a bit. Perhaps, you both can stop in there one morning and you might run into him or talk to one of the folks who works there. That's about the only thing I can recommend other than to keep calling.

Good luck, mates
    Sh00k - I was actually able to get in touch with Joe a few weeks ago and he did say that he is usually a the range every Saturday morning by 10am. He advised that would be a good time to check it out but to call first to make sure he's there.

Amarielias -Thanks for info!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkScott100 View Post
    Sh00k - I was actually able to get in touch with Joe a few weeks ago and he did say that he is usually a the range every Saturday morning by 10am. He advised that would be a good time to check it out but to call first to make sure he's there.

Amarielias -Thanks for info!
    Thanks for the info everyone.

I stopped in at The Shooters Bench on Wednesday and they took my name and number to give to him next time he stopped in.

Let you know when I hear more

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sh00k View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone.

I stopped in at The Shooters Bench on Wednesday and they took my name and number to give to him next time he stopped in.

Let you know when I hear more
    Great! Yes, please do let us know what you find out if yo don't mind. Thank you

(Butler County)

Seems like a pain to join or renew a membership by chasing a guy around that doesn't answer his phone. Maybe try culmerville sportsmen club

(Allegheny County)

Hey everyone,

Joe gave me a call back on Saturday and unfortunately I was working, but he told me exactly when he would be at the range. I stopped by today right when he said he would be there and I was able to get my membership renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by mpyingling22 View Post
    Seems like a pain to join or renew a membership by chasing a guy around that doesn't answer his phone. Maybe try culmerville sportsmen club
    Couldn't agree more, absolutely was a pain, but that was mostly on my part. I didn't know when he hangs around there or when exactly their meetings are. List most local ranges I've noticed it's kind of hard to get a hold of them outside of their regular meetings.

But I did find some things out. For one, the phone number that has been floating around this forum is correct, but it's actually inside the club house so no one is going to answer it unless Joe is actually there. The best way to go about joining, or getting your membership renewed, would be to stop into The Shooters Bench. Let them know you're looking for Joe from West Deer Township Sportsmen's Club and they'll take your name and number and pass it along. Joe will give you a call the next time he's on club grounds and you can work out the best time to meet.

Just a few things about the club in general if you're looking to join. It's a really private space, and once you're in a lane no one else will be there. You can set up targets however you'd like, practice shooting while moving, holstering, etc. NFA regulated items are also allowed.

Hope this helps!

So is the best way to find out about / join this club still to show up around 10 on Saturday and meet Joe?

I’d like to find out more about this club as it is so close to home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12