Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default osprey holographic sight

I bought a osprey holo sight and I noticed a rattling sound and I found out it was the reflecting mirror that was moving side to side, is that a problem if the reflecting mirror moves a bit? It doesn't rattle anymore but wondering if it will be a problem if it starts to again.

Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: osprey holographic sight

Not sure....my guess is that it probably isn't good.

I've got the same sight and haven't had any problems with it so far, but I've only got a couple hundred rounds through it.

(Berks County)

Default Re: osprey holographic sight

Sick & tired of companies stretching the truth so here's a short rant. If you had all the true facts before making any decision that's one thing. But all too often sellers deliberately hide or simply are ignorant of products & functions.

Listened to the actual importer embellish the performance at shows. Eventually spent some chat time w/him, reading the overstated sales literature which carefully omits some facts. Sold me the best tactical scope to evaluate. (manufacturer import cost a hair over $100!!!! Sadly, the optics indusrty has more Pinnichios being reincarnated.

After some testing I was pestered by a great PA benchrest shooter and seller (Thurman) to sell it to him. I told him of my findings yet he bugged me to sell it. Just before he died we met at a York show, and he ragged me out for letting him buy it. He eventuallys sold it, and the guy that bought it was also trying to get rid of it...too.

Quality is a very subjective word. The value of what we buy is often based on our knowledge, and willingness to invest a certain amount of $$$$.

Like to add to the old saying, "You get what you pay for". "When paying you often get what you know".
    Last edited by Guns & Glass; January 1st, 2010 at 11:18 AM.