Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Christmas .22 for six year old

We arrived Wednesday afternoon and when got there the grand kids and adults we out behind my daughter house shooting .22 rifles and assorted revolvers.

My six year old grandson was unable to shoot the .22 rifles on hand very well because of the length of the rifle stocks, my wife told me to go out and get him a .22 rifle which would fit him. To make a long story short. I bought a Chipmunk rifle (built in Milton, Pa) for "the baby" and gave it to my daughter & said if you have no problem with him having this rifle wrap it and give it to him on Christmas Eve; if you have a problem I'll take it home and give it to another grand child for his/her birthday.

Even though this was a politicaly incorrect gift in this liberal area of N.C. (Chapel Hills)My daughter wrapped it and gave to him on Christmas Eve. He was one happy camper.

Damn that was an expensive trip to the gun shop for a child's .22;it cost me well over $2,500 as I found a first generation SAA Army that I had shipped back to my gun enabler for grand dad.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Christmas .22 for six year old

whats money compaired to the smile of a happy 6yr old.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post

THAT'S THE TRUTH

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    And grand dad's enjoyment at being able to take a piece of American, scratch that world history to the range for enjoyment.

(Westmoreland County)

Good Grand Dad.

(Lebanon County)

Great Christmas present, I'm sure he'll remember that more than any other Christmas present he got so far and most of the ones he'll get in the future.

When I was 6 my dad gave me an Ithaca Model 49 for Christmas.
    47 years later I still have the gun and it's still in great condition.
    I couldn't begin to guess how many rounds we put through it, but it was a lot.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    We arrived Wednesday afternoon and when got there the grand kids and adults we out behind my daughter house shooting .22 rifles and assorted revolvers.

My six year old grandson was unable to shoot the .22 rifles on hand very well because of the length of the rifle stocks, my wife told me to go out and get him a .22 rifle which would fit him. To make a long story short. I bought a Chipmunk rifle (built in Milton, Pa) for "the baby" and gave it to my daughter & said if you have no problem with him having this rifle wrap it and give it to him on Christmas Eve; if you have a problem I'll take it home and give it to another grand child for his/her birthday.

Even though this was a politicaly incorrect gift in this liberal area of N.C. (Chapel Hills)My daughter wrapped it and gave to him on Christmas Eve. He was one happy camper.

Damn that was an expensive trip to the gun shop for a child's .22;it cost me well over $2,500 as I found a first generation SAA Army that I had shipped back to my gun enabler for grand dad.

oracle
    Excellent Christmas present! The chipmunk rifle built in Milton is a Crickett, no doubt. Last year for Christmas I got my two sons (4 and 6 then) each a crickett. What a great gun for them to learn on! It's single shot so it's harder to make mistakes. It fits a small child well and it has iron sights (which are better to learn on than scopes IMHO) - but they're peep sights, which are easier to teach them on than notch sights... yet still teach them the basics of sighting. Plus it's nice to support a local (for me anyway) AMERICAN-MADE company. Great story! Rep to you sir for passing this sport on to future generations!

(Monroe County)

I know what you mean, recently my cousin's 10 yo stepson came out from New York and my 11 yo nephew came out from New Jersey for a visit on thanks giving , they had fun shooting my Son's .22's behind the house, the smile on thier faces- priceless.

Good going,

Nyman

I keep a Chipmunk at home for any of the little ones that come to the range with us. One 8 year old was trying to get her mother (a lib) to shoot it with her and shamed her into trying it. Mom started having fun with the Chipmunk, moved up to a 10/22, and then up to a Mini-14. Three years later, she does not want a hand gun in the house but they have three .22's, a 20ga, and a .243. We will work on her.