Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Anyone shooting long range / precision rifle? (looking for range ideas)

Just wondering if anyone in the area is shooting long range / precision rifle and if so where are you shooting? I've recently put together a .308 bolt gun, and would love to get out and shoot at distances further than the typical 100-200 yards of the local ranges (near whitehall / a-town). I know that Ontelaunee has rifle out to 300, and I plan to join ASAP (I have to remember to give them a call this week). Other than that, from what I've read / searched on this forum and google... it looks like New Holland is the closest place that offers anything over 300 yards (600 yards there... and what seems like nice facilities). I may be willing to take a few trips out to mifflin / williamsport to shoot at 1000 at some point... but I'm sure I'll need plenty more practice at more modest ranges before that happens.

So really, I'm just wondering if there are any places closer to me to shoot at that distance (I would prefer a club over public ranges). Most of the searches have come up with the places that that I mentioned above, but I'm just wondering if I missed anything. I believe Atglen is another option; however, it's farther than New Holland is for me.

Ah well I live 2 minutes from firing line... so at least I can go shoot pistol without having to drive too far...
    Last edited by PSUfan1; December 27th, 2009 at 10:30 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Anyone shooting long range / precision rifle? (looking for range ideas)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUfan1 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone in the area is shooting long range / precision rifle and if so where are you shooting? I've recently put together a .308 bolt gun, and would love to get out and shoot at distances further than the typical 100-200 yards of the local ranges (near whitehall / a-town). I know that Ontelaunee has rifle out to 300, and I plan to join ASAP (I have to remember to give them a call this week). Other than that, from what I've read / searched on this forum and google... it looks like New Holland is the closest place that offers anything over 300 yards (600 yards there... and what seems like nice facilities). I may be willing to take a few trips out to mifflin / williamsport to shoot at 1000 at some point... but I'm sure I'll need plenty more practice at more modest ranges before that happens.

So really, I'm just wondering if there are any places closer to me to shoot at that distance (I would prefer a club over public ranges). Most of the searches have come up with the places that that I mentioned above, but I'm just wondering if I missed anything. I believe Atglen is another option; however, it's farther than New Holland is for me.

Ah well I live 2 minutes from firing line... so at least I can go shoot pistol without having to drive too far...

Hey, I've been wondering the same thing. Any luck so far in your search?