Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Woman fatally stabbed by her ex; he's fatally shot by a bystander

Don't know if this is a repost, but its an excellent example of why more people should CC in order to prevent more people from being attacked. It's too bad the bystander couldn't act in time to save the woman though.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...webstab05.html

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Woman fatally stabbed by her ex; he's fatally shot by a bystander

This is a shame. PFA orders are a joke and it is time something changes with these.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    This is a shame. PFA orders are a joke and it is time something changes with these.
    Not to get off the subject, but what else can you do that doesn't unduly infringe on someone else's rights besides be truly clairvoyant? The truth is, life is dangerous, and it is up to the individual to provide for his or her own safety; the girl should have armed herself. I’m not faulting the victim at all, but the only way to truly make yourself safe without sacrificing everyone else’s rights is to simply provide for yourself the means to repel an attack against your person or property…in this day and age, that generally means a gun, the training on how to use it and perhaps a backup method of defense such as OC spray, a knife, baton, another gun etc….

It's a shame that this woman died though, no matter what the reality of the situation or the world is.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Not to get off the subject, but what else can you do that doesn't unduly infringe on someone else's rights besides be truly clairvoyant? The truth is, life is dangerous, and it is up to the individual to provide for his or her own safety; the girl should have armed herself. I’m not faulting the victim at all, but the only way to truly make yourself safe without sacrificing everyone else’s rights is to simply provide for yourself the means to repel an attack against your person or property…in this day and age, that generally means a gun, the training on how to use it and perhaps a backup method of defense such as OC spray, a knife, baton, another gun etc….

It's a shame that this woman died though, no matter what the reality of the situation or the world is.
    I agree, the shame of the PFA is that women are lead to beleive it protects them. I mean look at the name of the thing. Our stupid media leads people to beleive the police will protect them. It makes me mad. Also so many woman are not willing to protect themselves.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    I agree, the shame of the PFA is that women are lead to beleive it protects them. I mean look at the name of the thing. Our stupid media leads people to beleive the police will protect them. It makes me mad. Also so many woman are not willing to protect themselves.
    That's actually one hell of a post if you think about it (I did ). The very term used for the thing gives a false sense of what it does...it should be called a "A Merely Minor Hidenrance Against Abuse" or "Another Violation We Can Add to the Murder Charge After That Psycho-Stalker Kills You", but I guess those were either taken or too long to fit on the paperwork.

P.S. If someone really wanted to reduce this kind of thing, stand out front of the office where the PFA paperwork is done and hand out flyers and LTCF applications to every woman coming out of there...but that'd be a full-time job methinks.

(Allegheny County)

From article
    Police spokeswoman Renee Witt said the party guest had a concealed-weapons permit. She said he likely won't face charges since he acted to prevent further harm.
    Notice this KEY line in story. All of us in PA needs HB 641 "so called" castle doctrine language to protect us from local DA that may decide to prosecute people just like this guy could be for political reasons and or face civil fees and cost.

We need to HB 641 needs to get out of Judicial committee for a vote, passed overwhelming late last session in house but to late for senate vote before it died at end of session.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&BN=0641

Self-protection, general principles of justifications, definitions, protection of other persons, use of force, civil immunity for use of force, sentences for firearm offenses (Amend 18 and 42 Pa.C.S.)

(Luzerne County)

Another aspect is that the act of having a PFA order filed against them tends to add to the rage/anger of the abuser.