Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default A movie never irrated me like this movie on TV yesterday

Has anyone seen this movie, it was on TV last night. The father disapproves his daughter from dating a white guy. Nothing but racist attacks against the whites in this movie. In this movie I've heard every racial term used against whites from cracka to bird dirt and the blacks got offended one time in the movie to a racial comment and it was the word "nappy" used by the boyfriend's 80 year old grandma in reference to his black girlfriend. If the roles were switched and the family was white and the guy was black, Jesse Jackson, Al Shaprton, and the Rainbow Coalition would've prevented this movie from making it to the theathers. I guess it's only a one way street in this country; they likely think it's acceptable because of their oppression they had to endure for the last 400 years in this country This movie just pissed me off. If the roles were switched this movie would be called a hate crime movie. I hate bais rules in this country, it should be equal for everyone. I turned it off after watching 30 minutes of it.
    Last edited by pennsy; December 26th, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: A movie never irrated me like this movie on TV yesterday

They were switched it`s just a comedy remake of an old Sidney Poitier movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guess_W...ming_to_Dinner

(Bucks County)

That movie is 4 years old. Since then we have elected a black president. Or wait, is he white? No one wants to claim him.

Things won't change in this country, they will only get worse. We have the NAACP (is it still PC to call them colored), Black Miss America, Black Music awards, BET, etc. Try that with a White Miss America, NAAWP, White Music Awards or WET, and you are a racist.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Allegheny County)

Some of what you mentioned I believe is intended as the basis for the comedy. But, ohh well... I love irreverent humor, so I'm probably not the best ethical barometer on this one.

If everyone was just as equally racist/not racist, then no one would get a disproportionate amount of crap.
    F*S=k

(Lackawanna County)

i guess you never heard of a little movie called "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"? it starred Sidney Poitier and Spencer Tracy, if i'm not mistaken, with Tracy as the white dad.

you know how some black people see racism everywhere? don't they seem like morons? white people look just as stupid when they do it.

(Philadelphia County)

I guess you should have kept watching beyond 30 minutes.

Synopsis: This new take on the 1967 drama GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER puts a comedic spin on interracial dating. Bernie Mac (THE BERNIE MAC SHOW) costars as Percy Jones, a wealthy black banker who has an overbearing love for his family. Percy is about to host a lavish party at his sprawling New Jersey home in celebration of his 25-year wedding anniversary to Marilyn (Judith Scott, FLIGHT PLAN). His daughter Theresa (Zoe Saldana, THE TERMINAL) is coming home for the occasion, and she's bringing her new boyfriend, Simon Green (Ashton Kutcher, THAT 70S SHOW, PUNK'D). Theresa has neglected to mention that her new beau is white, however, and the formidable Percy is in for a surprise. Though Simon does everything in his power to impress his future father-in-law, nothing will make the imposing patriarch change his undermining disposition. Matters are further complicated because Simon has recently lost his job, and he struggles to keep the family from finding out. As unrest spreads, causing tension--and plenty of laughs--in the days leading up to the party, Simon and Theresa face uncertainty in their relationship while Percy and Marilyn suffer difficulties of their own. GUESS WHO? is full of both hilarious and cringe-worthy moments, including an incredibly tense scene where Simon is goaded into entertaining the family at dinner with black jokes. The sermonizing tone of the original film is replaced with an endearing slapstick humor, and while the heartwarming family tale is present, the film doesn't shy away from the deeper underlying issues, presenting a fresh perspective on prescient cultural foibles.
    http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/guess_who/

(Centre County)

I just get irrated by the fact that the whites can't say anything racist about minorities but yet it's okay for minorities to make racist comments against the whites. Even if the whites don't make a racist comment the minorities will take it out of context to make it seem racist so they blame the whites for being racist. Just recenetly a newspaper showed a cartoon of a dead monkey (representing Congress, not the President) after the stimulus or whatever failed and Jess Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition acussed the monkey to be Obama when Obama had nothing to do with this failure and the monky was Congress. But yet the minorities come out with this movie Guess Who and it's perfectly okay to make fun of another race. Urrrg, I don't know.

Things won't change in this country, they will only get worse. We have the NAACP (is it still PC to call them colored), Black Miss America, Black Music awards, BET, etc. Try that with a White Miss America, NAAWP, White Music Awards or WET, and you are a racist.
    Exactly

Are we not we making an Elephant out of a mouse right now? I thought that this was exactly what we tried to change for years. Racism does not belong in our society anymore and we should treat each other equal.
    No difference in color, race, big, small, healthy or sick.
    To many people got hurt and/or killed over this and it just has to stop. I know that some people think that they are still treated as a minority but the opposite is true. They, therefor, keep their rant going being under the assumption that it is justified because of what happened in the past.
    I think that this is the group that should learn to be and stay quiet. It is not up to them to turn the tables and treat us like our forefathers treated them. We should not be held accountable for what happened in the past. We all should learn from it, but pointing the finger is not going to help any of us.

Hollywood thinks that making a movie like this will turn it in to a box office hit and therefor should be forced to pull the plug while the movie is in the making, or better yet, forbid the whole thing from the start ........ and please don't give me that freedom of speach thing.
    Movies like this one will only pour gas on the fire and that is, in times like these, absolutely unacceptable.
    The OP said that this movie aired yesterday evening. One hell of a good choice to broadcast something like that on Christmas day.

That network should be fined....Period.
    Last edited by nebbie; December 26th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Laugh a lot, you only live once they say.

(Berks County)

I cut out the middleman and try to hate everyone.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I turned it off after watching 30 minutes of it.
    Next time, I'd recommend turning the channel before an entire half an hour elapses.

I'm sure you can find an enthralling episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter or Ax-Men. Perhaps even Oprah or Tyra.
    "Pride and dignity are good, but only in moderation." P-11 Shooter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast