Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hollow Point For Home Defense In NJ

Well sad to say im a nj resident. And i a legal gun owner but i can never get a striaght answer onthis question. Is it illegall to have hollow points for home defense? But as everyone one knows you probaly still goto jail if it a was a legal shoot. so wouldit really matter if i had hpb

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Hollow Point For Home Defense In NJ

Firstly, I would politely ask you to show some effort in grammar and spelling.

Now to answer your question. AFAIK, you can legally own and use hollow points for self defense WITHIN the home.

If by the good graces of whomever you pray to, you are issued a concealed carry permit in the state of new jersey, you can only carry FMJ in your gun outside the home.

You should still take the time to look up the statutes yourself as I could be wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

I favor the hollow point over the regular bullets. I use 45's and they all have hollow points in their mags.
    Not just for stopping power but on impact they spread out more then regular bullets. Which can be safer when shot indoors (read self defense).

Regular bullets keep going when you miss your target or invader and can easily go through numerous walls and can cause great danger if you live in an apartment complex.
    Laugh a lot, you only live once they say.

Quote Originally Posted by PETE2674 View Post
    Well sad to say im a nj resident. And i a legal gun owner but i can never get a striaght answer onthis question. Is it illegall to have hollow points for home defense? But as everyone one knows you probaly still goto jail if it a was a legal shoot. so wouldit really matter if i had hpb

If I was you, I would move to Pennsylvania. Also I urge you and all New Jersey residents to support the Second Amendment March.

www.secondamendmentmarch.com

First, Welcome to the Forum

Second, It looks like it might be legal, but I really am not sure, all I could find was about HP's and hunting real quickly in NJ

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

Here it only talks about LEO's and carrying in NJ

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-97647.html
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Went on state police website and it really doesnt tell you anything about using hollow points for home defense. I looked everywhere on the web but not able to get a staight answer. Never get a real answer when it comes to nj gun laws

(Schuylkill County)

Hollowpoint ammo is legal for home defense in New Jersey.

From the NJ State Police website:

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

Provided certain conditions are met, a sportsman may transport and use hollow point ammunition. There are no restrictions preventing a sportsman from keeping such ammunition at his home.

N.J.S.A 2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition. However, there is a general exception that allows for the purchase of this ammunition but restricts the possession of it to specified locations. This exception provides that:

(2) Nothing is sub section f (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land . . . [N.J.S.A 26:39-3g (2)].

Thus a person may purchase this ammunition and keep it within the confines of his property. Sub section f (1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."
    N.J.S.A 26:39-3f. (1).

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3per View Post
    If I was you, I would move to Pennsylvania. Also I urge you and all New Jersey residents to support the Second Amendment March.

www.secondamendmentmarch.com
    Enough of that advise. People moving here from NJ and then wanting it to be like NJ is a major problem. The people of NJ have the government they deserve. They vote for the same liberal politicians over and over. They employ more JB cops per capita than almost every other state to protect them and yet they still have one of the highest crime rates. I believe the only place you can find more sheep is in CA.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by nebbie View Post
    I favor the hollow point <snip>

Regular bullets keep going when you miss your target or invader and can easily go through numerous walls and can cause great danger if you live in an apartment complex.
    Just a caution. Hollow points do expand in soft tissue or media... but they will zip through walls and solid objects just like FMJ. Bottom line: you need to be aware of sightlines and choose shoot / no shoot zones in your home (based on what's likely to be on the other side of a a potential target) long before any incident ever occurs.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PETE2674 View Post
    As far as I know they are legal to have in one's home or use for lawful hunting (hp shotgun slugs). I also believe you can transport them directly to & from a range,place of hunting or to your home after buying them.

I'm pretty sure you can't have them outside of the above situations unless you're a cop. I believe Ramsey Outdoor on rt 10 in Ledgewood sells hp ammo. Call them & ask about the legality or better yet spend 100.00$ & talk to a NJ lawyer that knows gun laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast