Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: H&R Firearms

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: H&R Firearms

38S&W is the chambering then. ...Note: not .38S&W Special. Totally different cartridges.

It appears to be a smokeless version(going by the locking notches in the cylinder). Serial number probably puts it in the 1925 to 1940 age range. I doubt you'll be able to put a precise year on it.

Exact model - not quite certain, but it is just often called the "Hammerless". There are different variations of models. With your high serial number it's likely to be one of the latest variations there were.

The folks that would know for sure; Bill Goforth, Jim Ritchie(jamesjo), and Jim Hauff(32 Magnum) have all since passed away.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Thanks. I appreciate the info. It was a sort of family artifact that just turned up. Any idea on approximate value?

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    Howdy, folks.
    I just signed up and it looks like I'll be staying around for a while.
    I'm a collector and researcher of all types of Harrington & Richardson firearms, ranging from the earliest spur trigger single actions in the mid 1870s, up to and including some of the last pieces they produced before going bankrupt in 1986. I would like to hear about any pieces you may have. I can also help ID and in most cases date those H&R pieces that you either see incorrect, incomplete or absolutely NO information on in the "big" books, guides and modern value estimators. Feel free to ask, if you stump me, we both learn something. Thanks.
    32 Magnum/Jim
    I recently bought a m4 survival rifle. The barrel has been extended. I can't find very much about the history of this rifle, can you help me? Thanks

Michael Carroll
    m.carroll29@att.net
    847 812 6438

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by m.carroll29 View Post
    I recently bought a m4 survival rifle. The barrel has been extended. I can't find very much about the history of this rifle, can you help me? Thanks

Michael Carroll
    m.carroll29@att.net
    847 812 6438
    Jim "32 Magnum" Hauff passed away last October.

The M4 originally had a 14" barrel. But many were refit with 16" or longer when they transferred to the civilian market. They were World War II era survival rifles.

It is based off of one of H&R bolt guns. ...I think it was the model 265. It should be chambered in 22Hornet.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Hello

I see a wealth of H&R info in this thread. I have 2 .32 top breaks. Working to fix the latest one and I need some springs.

Also the ejector doesnt work. Appear to be missing the lever that catches the hook / cam. (See photo)

What is this part called so I can try to buy one.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bdevaux View Post
    Hello

I see a wealth of H&R info in this thread. I have 2 .32 top breaks. Working to fix the latest one and I need some springs.

Also the ejector doesnt work. Appear to be missing the lever that catches the hook / cam. (See photo)

What is this part called so I can try to buy one.

Thanks
    http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

See if you can find it with this link.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

See if you can find it with this link.
    Thanks for the link, but I checked them already with no luck.

G'day
    I have got a line on a h&r 949 as a sidearm for despatching game here down under (no dangerous game here thankfully) and to plink at the range.

I was considering a light semi-auto or a Ruger bearcat and came across this one.

The one I am looking at is a HJxxxxxx which I am guessing from previous posts hereabouts is a 1995 model.

Just wondering what the 'Forty Niner' weighs?

Cheers
    Wags

(Cumberland County)

Well, old thread but wondering if any H&R experts are still around. I picked up a neat little 22 rimfire H&R from a private party at the York gunshow today cheap. When I got home and cleaned her up, I was amazed at the condition of the old pistol - really beautiful ! Even the real grips ( pearl ? ivory ? I always mix those two up ) are in perfect shape. Took them off and they had some rust colored stains on the back that cleaned right off. The nickel finish only has one or two minor flaws. I'm going to do some research, but any info. would be great. Thanks!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(York County)

I have a H&R 1871 model 999 sportsman. It is one of the last production after H&R's bankruptcy. It's "new in the box". I will never part with it as long as I live. The value has been going up on these as fewer and fewer come up for sale over the years.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast