Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Consealed Lic & Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by LegalCarry View Post
    The LTCF only applies to hunting when carrying a legal weapon to hunt with. Having a SemiAuto handgun while hunting is a violation of game laws regardless if you are using it to harvest game. The LTCF specifically states it does not overide game laws. Same for carrying while spotting, Not legal. However that being said, if I have no harvested game in my possession and a WCO checks me, maybe I was just walking in the woods and not hunting today, my word against his?

Laws are one thing but it is the interpretation of them that gets us hung up.
    Absolutely NOT correct.

Since 2007 it has been legal to carry a handgun not legal to harvest game with (IE: semi-auto) while hunting is the carrier holds an LTCF and does not use the handgun for hunting (self defense only).

Ref:
    Sec. 2525. Amended November 29, 2006, Act No. 162, Effective January 28, 2007.

Sec. 2525. Possession of firearm for protection of self or others.

(a) General rule.- It is lawful for a law enforcement officer or any person who possesses a valid license to carry a firearm issued under 18 Pa C.S. Section 6109 (relating to licenses) to be in possession of a loaded or unloaded firearm while engaged in any activity regulated by this title.

(b) Construction.

(1) This section shall supersede any prohibition on the possession of firearms or ammunition contained in any other provision of this title.

(2) This subsection shall not be construed to permit the hunting or harvesting of any wildlife with a firearm or ammunition not otherwise permitted by this title.

(c) Definitions. - As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. §6102 (relating to definitions).

"Law enforcement officer." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. §6102 (relating to definitions).
    ---

There are at least a dozen threads on this forum discussing this.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Erie County)

Default Re: Concealed Lic & Hunting

I stand corrected, my day is complete I have learned something today...

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Consealed Lic & Hunting

The LTCF only applies to hunting when carrying a legal weapon to hunt with. Having a SemiAuto handgun while hunting is a violation of game laws regardless if you are using it to harvest game. The LTCF specifically states it does not overide game laws. Same for carrying while spotting, Not legal. However that being said, if I have no harvested game in my possession and a WCO checks me, maybe I was just walking in the woods and not hunting today, my word against his?

Laws are one thing but it is the interpretation of them that gets us hung up.
    Wrong. The laws were changed. You can carry a semi-auto, but it can only be used for self-defense.

You can also carry while spotlighting now.

I advise you to go back and research the laws before you come here telling someone they are wrong.

(Lawrence County)

I believe you can have a semi auto on your person for protection while you are hunting.

(Luzerne County)

I stand corrected, my day is complete I have learned something today...
    NP - That is why we are all here

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123