Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default How much land to shoot?

My wife and I are considering purchasing some rural land in the Northwestern part of PA. This land would be recreational (shooting, camping, etc.) and if we found the right lot, we'd be looking to build a house at some point in the future.

I'm wondering how much land is required if I wanted to setup an outdoor shooting range?

Default Re: How much land to shoot?

i think it really depends on how the land is setup, and how your neighbors are, roads that are close by ect ect.. i know a guy who owns 6acres, but its down in a bowl pretty much with great neighbors and you can shoot all day and noone cares, only time they bother you is trying to shoot your guns... theres also huge plots of 300acres you pass, perfectly flat next to a highway where your gonna get tons of people giving you problems about shooting...

I just dont know there is a set # of acres you need to say yeah I can shoot there...

Hard to say. No specific law that I am aware of. I would check for local ordinance regarding firearm discharge and noise, and if you're at least 150 yds from any occupied dwelling the game commission won't harass you. It can't hurt to know your neighbors. Beyond that basic responsibility with regard to projectile flight, I would think you would be OK. I sure don't worry about it.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Ditto to what XD said. Just make sure the township doesnt have any ordinances about discharging a firearm, and as long as the neighbors are alright and you have a safe area to shoot with a good backstop, you'll be ok.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.