Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skeet gun

(Bucks County)

Default skeet gun

i was thinkin about buyin a sweet ithaca featherlight 37, after shooting it i realized not the choice for skeet. sore shoulders in 1 shot, no way im goin 100 shots with that gun. its definetly a nice hunting gun nice light weight unbeatable reliablity.

since i will be shooting skeet i think im goin to buy a over/under. any suggestions on what a good brand is, thats under 500 used? i want a zero recoil trapping gun. something very reputable and unbelievable smooth. i never been in the double barrel scene and i dont know whats a good gun.

Default Zero recoil?

Maybe you want to look for a 28 or a 410, but zero recoil does not exist, believe me your shoulder will toughen up to 12G

Over under is nice, but I prefer pump, My wife was looking at a o/o in the $750 range, most cheaper ones are not really all they are made out to be, maybe the mossberg they have out there, around $350 to 400

Personally I like the Model 500 Pump in 28" vented. Just my choice

Mine is in synthetic

Then again, depending on how pricey you want to get...
    found at http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976746856.htm
    Or

@ http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976718698.htm
    Last edited by Frenchy; September 25th, 2006 at 01:14 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

i was lookin for a used one, that way i get a good gun cheap. guns will last forever if take care of them.

i have a 20gauge 870 express remington and its small but it fits well. i can smoke clays all day and my should is fine and its accurate. im just looking for something a lil smoother, in other words not an express. ill have to check out that mossberg it looks nice, thanks alot for showing me that.

(Lehigh County)

I bought a new Stoeger Condor O/U for less than $300 OTD at Dick's last year. Now I don't shoot a lot of skeet, but as a trap/shooting clays gun it does alright. Very occasionally you'll catch a used Ruger Red Label at Cabelas for 5-ish. Maybe you should look for a good semi. A used 1100/1187 semi wouldn't be to far out of your price range, and new they're only around $750. Semi's really damp percieved recoil, soaking it up with the mass of the bolt. That and a good pad might be the ticket.
    Last edited by junyo; September 25th, 2006 at 11:52 AM.
    John: How come I'm not afraid?
    D'Argo: Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty.
    John: I love hanging with you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    i was lookin for a used one, that way i get a good gun cheap. guns will last forever if take care of them.

i have a 20gauge 870 express remington and its small but it fits well. i can smoke clays all day and my should is fine and its accurate. im just looking for something a lil smoother, in other words not an express. ill have to check out that mossberg it looks nice, thanks alot for showing me that.
    Come on, you want the one at the botton its only what $65,000?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

yeah i wonder if i can get a 20 year loan to pay off that. i think id rather have a break action, simple guns, easy to clean no jamming

(Washington County)

Keep in mind the heavier the gun the less recoil. Also the gun you have can be made less recoil by changing the recoil pad also adding a reciol reducer to the stock!! And second to find a shotgun for your price already to shoot soft will cost you much more than you are will ing to pay

(Washington County)

Another point is check with Angle Port, or MPC Sports on line for the part you need to soften the gun you have. Hi Grade may have some of the parts

(Allegheny County)

You want a good inexpensive OU get a Remington Spartan (Baikal - Russian). I have six Brownings 5 12 ga. & a 28) and a Baikal (a .410 for fun). I know many people that bought them off of Tex at Greater Pitt and no major problems. Not a Browning or a Beretta but a lot of gun for the money (around $500.00). The 37 is a good pump especially if you are left handed (bottom eject) and another one thats been around for along time is the Remington 870 (you see a rack of used ones at most shops).
    Want to cut recoil with factory 12 gage loads then look at a gas opoerated auto. My personal preferance for a reasonable price a Remington 1100 (used about $350.00 - $400.00). It's a gas auto and a bit heavy for hunting but it shoots soft and have never seen one that dosen't work. They still make them new but are more expensive speciality type guns for Skeet, Sporting Clays, Trap etc, it was replaced by the 11-87.
    Good Luck
    It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: skeet gun

i got a used browning citori skeet gun for 700 with a 300 dollar case.
    its a 12 gauge and has recoil like a light load 20 gauge.
    i even took it upland hunting i love it, its so easy to clean them break actions too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast