Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Rep Power

    Default Live out of state, possibly moving back.

    So, I currently live in Minnesota and have my Minnesota carry permit, but I am thinking of moving back to Pittsburgh. If I were to get a nonresident PA LTCF, could I then just transfer it to a resident LTCF with just an address change after moving back? Or would I have to completely reapply once I got my new PA driver's license? I'm just trying to figure out what course of action would be the smartest, since I would like the best of both worlds of being able to carry right when I move there and also of not having to spend the money for the permit twice. Also, if this move happens, it'll probably be in only a little over a month (Feb 1st is the goal). Do you think that's enough time to get my nonresident permit processed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Rep Power

    Default Re: Live out of state, possibly moving back.

    You'll have to re-apply.

    danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Rep Power

    Default Re: Live out of state, possibly moving back.

    PA doesn't issue "nonresident" licenses.. ..PA issues licenses to nonresidents.

    What residents and nonresidents get is the same license. If you get a PA LTCF as a nonresident, it will still be good when you move here until it expires. But it is probably a good idea to contact the issuing sheriff and notify him of a change of address so that you'll get your renewal notice at your new address in PA. Once in PA you will renew at the sheriff of the county in which you reside. The initial and renewal process is the same, except if/when you renew as a PA resident you wont have to show proof of issuance of the other state's license.
    Last edited by knight0334; December 21st, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J.

    Don't end up in my signature!

Similar Threads

  1. Might be moving to PA. Where to live?
    By Never_Enough in forum General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
  2. Moving back to Pittsburgh
    By craig110 in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
  3. Clinton possibly blocked at Sec of State.
    By MichaelJ in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 16th, 2008, 07:01 PM
  5. Possibly moving to PA...have ???'s
    By toddmog in forum General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops