Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up First day of concealed carry.....

Yesterday was my first day concealed carrying with my new PF9 and crossbreed supertuck. I must say this setup was really comfortable. It was still somewhat noticeable, but very manageable. I imagine the supertuck will break in somewhat over the next several months. I traveled a good bit in the car, as well as attended a christmas party (no alcohol) and went out to breakfast with my family. I found I was able to stand and sit comfortably using this particular setup. The supertuck conceals the tiny pf9 without a trace under a sweatshirt. I imagine it will hide it pretty well under a t-shirt or golfshirt also. I found myself being protective of my right side (strong side) whenever I was near anybody (children in particular). I imagine this is a reflex I'll continue to develop as I carry. Thanks to everybody on this forum for all the help/advice in my selection of a good firearm, as well as holster.

Default Re: First day of concealed carry.....

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    Yesterday was my first day concealed carrying with my new PF9 and crossbreed supertuck. I must say this setup was really comfortable. It was still somewhat noticeable, but very manageable. I imagine the supertuck will break in somewhat over the next several months. I traveled a good bit in the car, as well as attended a christmas party (no alcohol) and went out to breakfast with my family. I found I was able to stand and sit comfortably using this particular setup. The supertuck conceals the tiny pf9 without a trace under a sweatshirt. I imagine it will hide it pretty well under a t-shirt or golfshirt also. I found myself being protective of my right side (strong side) whenever I was near anybody (children in particular). I imagine this is a reflex I'll continue to develop as I carry. Thanks to everybody on this forum for all the help/advice in my selection of a good firearm, as well as holster.
    Why no alcohol?

As for being protective of your strong side/weapon side, thats normal. It takes time, years to be fully comfortable with carrying.

Congatulations and welcome to being responsible for your own safety and possibly others..

It was a kid party, no alcohol served.
    I look foward to training on the range with my new holster. I thought I would be much more nervous carrying condition 1 with no thumb safety. I must say, knowing the gun was secure in a good retention holster with trigger covered, I was not worried at all about accidental discharge.

(Allegheny County)

Congrats. Good on ya for starting out with a good holster.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Erie County)

I hope to join the fraternity soon, and really enjoy reading about others experiences.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Montgomery County)

May your first day turn into years of safe living...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Westmoreland County)

Congratulations on your first day of many.

(Monroe County)

Congratulations on your first day. You will find that the holster does sort of mold to your body and will become even more comfortable to wear. You will also lose the feeling of needing to protect your strong side as you get accustomed to carrying.

(Chester County)

Moving from my first holsters (Cheap IWB/OWB nylon holsters) to my Crossbreed was one of the best choices I've ever made. My Supertuck has morphed into something quite unlike what it initially was, with corners of the leather bending and softening to fit its spot on my hip. Once I stopped trying to desperately smooth out those creases and curls and let it do its own thing, the comfort level (which was great to begin with) went way up. Also, after a few months of everyday carry, that instinct to protect your gun side will go away. I used to keep my strong arm firmly locked on my old nylon holsters to keep track of the gun, but now I don't even notice the supertuck, and get miffed when I brush up against my XD in the range holster. Enjoy your new freedom!
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    I found myself being protective of my right side (strong side) whenever I was near anybody (children in particular).
    A really common common way to be "outed" is hugging. Especially now with all the holiday festivities going on. Remember to "go low" -- keeping the other person above any metallic objects that you don't want to have to explain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast