Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Freedom Armory

(Cumberland County)

Default Freedom Armory

Well, I read the open carry post and that seems par for the course.

Scott, the owner, seems like a nice enough guy, but I whenever I go in there to buy something I always catch lip from someone working there.

Here's a prime example:

Me- May I see the Springfield M1A?
    Clerk- You mean the M21?
    Me- No. I mean the M1A Carlos Hathcock Edition.
    Clerk- It's an M21.
    Me- I'm sorry. May I see the M21?
    (Dramatic pause)
    Clerk- Do you know how much that rifle costs?
    Me- $3500ish?
    Clerk- And that's WITHOUT the scope
    Me- So may I see it?
    Clerk (blank stare)
    Me- Nevermind. I think I'll go somewhere else.
    Clerk- What's the matter? Too salty for you?

How's that for customer service?

Here's another good one. I had them install night sights on a 1911. The gun was already cut for Novak sights so they just had to measure the front sight, order the sights, and install. Here's the short version of the story: I got the gun back, the rear sight fell off when I picked up the gun to inspect it (but they tightened the screw for free), and the gun shot about 18" low at 15 yards.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Freedom Armory

From my experience, their customer service blows chunks. I don't have the energy to type the story at the moment, but needless to say they made the shitlist with our shooting group.

It kind of sucks to as I wouldn't mind checking out their indoor range. But needless to say they will never see a penny from me.

(York County)

They seem to be selective in there about who they want to sell to. It's a shame because they do have a nice little shop in there. There is a younger guy in there (forget his name) that has always been more than helpful whenever I have gone it, but as of lately it seems like there are more old timers picking up hours in there that don't seem to care much for customer service. When I bought my G27, I had to get Steve to sell it to me because no matter how many time I told the doucher behind the counter it was right there next to the G26 he seemed to think I was mistaken and they didn't carry the G27. That was in August, I haven't been back since. Glad my annual membership for their range runs up next month....I won't be renewing.

(Montgomery County)

Hmmm, I've never had a problem there. I've only been there about a half dozen times. My biggest problem is that their prices are way too high for most of their inventory. You can get a good deal on a used gun there, though.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(York County)

I would have to agree, they do usually have good prices on used guns.

(York County)

Second on the used guns at Freedom Armory. I try to drop a couple of times per month if only to see if somethink nice has popped up in the last week. Good stuff does show up, and the real bargains get snapped up pretty quickly.

I've sold a few guns there myself, and like the fact that because of the size of the inventory (and store itself) you do have a large(ish) clientel.

Customer service is as described by others. Sometimes okay, sometimes cold and distant. Spending money doesn't seem to alter the staff's attitude. Go figure.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post
    They seem to be selective in there about who they want to sell to. It's a shame because they do have a nice little shop in there. There is a younger guy in there (forget his name) that has always been more than helpful whenever I have gone it, but as of lately it seems like there are more old timers picking up hours in there that don't seem to care much for customer service. When I bought my G27, I had to get Steve to sell it to me because no matter how many time I told the doucher behind the counter it was right there next to the G26 he seemed to think I was mistaken and they didn't carry the G27. That was in August, I haven't been back since. Glad my annual membership for their range runs up next month....I won't be renewing.
    The younger guy is probably Josh. Super nice guy, very helpful, a good (not pushy) salesperson. Knows what I like, and steers me to new things that have come in that he thinks I would like. There is an older guy there who is almost always out of breath, sweating, red, and looks likes he's pissed or gonna blow a gasket. I think he's the manager. I think he's rude, useless, and a waste of payroll. The other guys are generally good.
    9mm = 45acp set on "stun"

(York County)

Yea Josh that's his name! I was gonna go and check the receipt to see his name. He sold me my Beretta M9 and was very helpful. I have had mixed instances with Jim. He can be very helpful, sometime. There is a larger, older guy in there that seems like he hates his life and wants nothing to do with anyone. Thanks Badger for the name!
    GB

(York County)

They do seem to be selective with their customer service. I went in there one time with a friend to look for an AR-15. I wasn't clueless but I wanted to know more about different manufacturers. I see a Colt and DPMS on the rack and ask to see them, instead he hand me this Buck Rogers-esqe Brazilian-made rifle that he said that "oh, the Navy SEALS use this" and shoots a .223 like the AR-style rifles. I immediately figured out what this guy was about, my friend and I promptly left. The range prices are WAY too high I can't say I'll buy anything from them unless I know exactly what I want before I walk in the door.