Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts ?

(Bucks County)

Default Thoughts ?

Ok, most of us have read a few threads about this, and some of us have had it happen to us, but I'm looking for a discussion on the subject: you are disarmed by your friendly, or not so friendly, Rights Violator/Public Safety/Law Enforcement/Opinion Enforcement Officer. Everything comes back "OK" from their non-existent, illegal database, your piece is returned to you, and you hear the following words. "Have a nice evening, here is your piece back, here is your magazine, here is the cartridge that was in the chamber. Have a nice evening, oh, and don't load that until I'm gone, for safety of course". Ok, all that is done, Officer Friendly is walking away with a smirk on his face. What happens if you slap that mag back into your piece, keeping it pointed in a safe direction of course, and then rack the slide to charge it? What are the ramifications of doing this. I'm betting, in a perfect world, nothing except Officer Firendly needs to change his underwear. But we don't live in a perfect world. Proof of this is Officer Friendly just took the last twenty minutes of your life and wasted it while inconveniencing you, and humiliating you, and violating your rights, and you will be lucky to be able to so much as get him reprimanded for it. Thoughts?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Thoughts ?

I'm not trying to be smart, but I just read your post and have no idea what you're asking.

I think he's saying if the cop tells you not to reload your gun until after he is gone and you insert the mag and rack the slide while the cop is still there, walking away from you, and he hears this...what can/will the cop do about that?

(Bucks County)

Yes, that is what I was asking. Sorry for being unclear, it was late and I was tired. That question has been popping up on me lately.

(Monroe County)

Hopefully: Nothing.

Realistically: You get the cop's gun shoved in your face, and get a nice ride in the cool police car.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(York County)

For some reason just thinking about doing that sends chills down my spine....and not in a good way.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    I think he's saying if the cop tells you not to reload your gun until after he is gone and you insert the mag and rack the slide while the cop is still there, walking away from you, and he hears this...what can/will the cop do about that?
    Gotcha. In that case, I'll have to agree with snakeman. Common sense tells me the cop will do nothing more than open his mouth in disapproval. Reality tells me he'll come up with some reason to put you in the back of a squad car. I haven't heard of an incident like this before, though.

(Philadelphia County)

To alleviate any such problems, how about you don't surrender your gun for no reason?

(Lehigh County)

I can't think of a specific law that you may/may not be breaking but that doesn't mean your rights won't get stomped on again.

Best Case: The cop would get pissed off and walk away

Worst Case: The cop would feel threatened and shoot (at) you.

Most likely: The cop would take your gun again, and stuff you in the back of his car. Stating that he felt threatened because you loaded your gun when he told you not to.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Dauphin County)

two words here folks... common sense !!

common sense 1 dont surrender your weapon if youve done nothing wrong

common sense 2 dont reload till he is out of ear shot at the least, with the way society is treating police lately they are on a hightened sense of ( makeing it home that night) awareness and would probably draw on you !

now if you feel strong enough to do #2 then you you should have felt strong enough to do #1.....just my opinion
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast