Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Cool scope for Tikka T3 Lite 270 win?

just got my new rifle its a Tikka T3 Lite 270 win. I really haven't used scopes much since i hunt with shotguns so i was wondering if any of you had advice on what kind of scope to get? i need something for deer hunting, looking to spend up to 500 at the most.
    thanks, Robert

Default Re: scope for Tikka T3 Lite 270 win?

Quote Originally Posted by cooldog61593@aim.com View Post
    just got my new rifle its a Tikka T3 Lite 270 win. I really haven't used scopes much since i hunt with shotguns so i was wondering if any of you had advice on what kind of scope to get? i need something for deer hunting, looking to spend up to 500 at the most.
    thanks, Robert
    Since you don't really hunt much with scopes these questions may not help, but they are necessary to try to give you the best recommendation. Do you have a preference in magnification? What distances will most of your hunting take place? Do you have a preference in reticle types? That'll help us give you the best recommendations.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: scope for Tikka T3 Lite 270 win?

Look for a Bushnell Elite 4200 in 3X-9X. They're not cataloged but they're still available. They have the Rainguard coating that keeps the scope usable in wet weather. I stuck one on a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless that I put together for crappy weather hunting. A little searching should find one in the $275 or so range. I got my last 2 from Bear Basin Outfitters.

Sightron Big Sky's have a rain coating also, I've read good things about them but don't have one. If you can, go to a large store and look thru several, take them outdoors if you can. See what looks best to you.

Leupold, Nikon, Burris, Zeiss, and Weaver Grand Slams are all good choices.

For deer hunting to 400 yds, the 3X-9X or something similar is excellent. I have a Leupold 6X on a 270 and have never felt I needed more scope.

I would stay away from the really big 50 mm objective lenses and the 30 mm tubes. They add significant weight and size without any real benefit IMO.

Dale