Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default West Mifflin Lost or Stolen Ordinance (Mayors Against Illegal Guns) Passes

I figured I would post this in the News section since people not checking the Allegheny County subForum might have missed this.

Dec. 15th West Mifflin Borough Council Voted 6-1 to enact the Lost and Stolen Gun Ordinance written by the MAIG (Mayors Against Illegal Guns) organization.

Ralph Ionatti was there and KDKA did a report on this meeting and the outcome.
    http://kdka.com/video/?id=66412@kdka.dayport.com

Councilman Olasz was the only one to vote No.

Of course CeasefirePa had their own press release on this win for them. Sigh.
    http://www.ceasefirepa.org/node/131

A bunch of us from PAFOA were there. PAFOA is mentioned as the "bad guys opposing this ordinance" in the CeaseFire New Release.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: West Mifflin Lost or Stolen Ordinance (Mayors Against Illegal Guns) Passes

Makes me feel safer now

(Berks County)

Default Re: West Mifflin Lost or Stolen Ordinance (Mayors Against Illegal Guns) Passes

I like how the one councilperson that voted yes says "it's not going to cure everything, no " ... " I just wish there was a solution".

So you know this ISN'T a solution, yet you vote yes anyway?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I like how the one councilperson that voted yes says "it's not going to cure everything, no " ... " I just wish there was a solution".

So you know this ISN'T a solution, yet you vote yes anyway?
    Of course they did! Don't you know it's en vogue in politics today to ignore and trample any and every one of the documents you've taken a solemn oath to defend?

What's a silly document like the PA state constitution have to do with making laws? :ROLLEYES: x infinity

What is so difficult for these assholes to understand? They are knowingly breaking the law by passing this ordinance and no one but a select few seem to even care.

Why can't we bring charges up against the county officials who vote for these illegal ordinances? There HAS to be some way to effectively discourage this practice. Simply fighting to get the ordinances off the books is not enough. These pathetic excuses for public servants need to be held personally accountable for their gross dereliction of duty. I want criminal charges and nothing less. They have broken the law, they deserve to be treated like the criminals they are.

Man I need some stronger duct tape...
    Let them take arms

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rodder View Post
    Why can't we bring charges up against the county officials who vote for these illegal ordinances? There HAS to be some way to effectively discourage this practice. Simply fighting to get the ordinances off the books is not enough. These pathetic excuses for public servants need to be held personally accountable for their gross dereliction of duty. I want criminal charges and nothing less. They have broken the law, they deserve to be treated like the criminals they are.
    I can't agree more. Can't fathom how anything that is illegal can get passed. It makes no sense at all, but this is politics which has been this way far too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF