Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default keltec p11 trigger spring popped out side of frame during shoot.

my friends keltec p11 which until now has been perfect. during shooting today the trigger spring which i guess is just wedged under the trigger bar so the trigger returns after each shot somehow went out the side in between the frame and pointed directly up and was sticking out of the gun. . of course it would not fire. i took it apart and it looked like the frame somehow flexed and the spring was able to pop out the side and directly up instead of sitting under the trigger bar. any idea what could cause this? i pushed it back down and pinched it all back together and its fine now but now he is nervous about the gun. i dont see how the frame would flex enough to let that happen.. it was walmart white box ammo

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: keltec p11 trigger spring popped out side of frame during shoot.

Had the same thing happen. Quite a surprise huh? You pull the trigger and it stays pulled! Mine had about 600 rds through it when this happened.

Pushed out the assembly pins, took it all apart and put a very slight bend in the spring, tucked it under the bar, put it all back together. No problem after that.

With the little bend in it, it can't slip through the tiny gap.

Just a little aggravating. And this is why I carry a revolver.

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: keltec p11 trigger spring popped out side of frame during shoot.

How many rounds were put through the gun immediately before this happened? I own a P11, and was made to understand that it's not a "range" gun. I put 100 rounds through mine Friday night, and had three jams somewhere in the first 50 rounds. After that, no problems. I just wanted to break it in before I started using it as a CC piece, and I highly doubt I'll ever shoot 50 rounds through it again at one time.

Remember, it's a $275 gun built for SD, not plinking. This isn't to say it shouldn't be reliable, but I think it's purpose has to be factored into the equation. Some people claim to have put 10,000+ rounds through their P11, so if it's not an issue where the gun has been excessively fired at a given time, maybe something's simply worn out?
    S&W 686/FN PS90/HP JH45/KT P11/Ruger LCP