Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: I'm done carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    I would still like to know what course of action or career would force you to give up your right to carry in your private life. It just makes no sense. It is his choice to make but by posting it here he opened it up for discussion and debate without giving everyone all the info. If it was a personal and private decision he should have refrained from posting it publicly and just went on with his life. I believe you that he is a good kid and a patriot...I just feel that he may be misguided and making a decision he may regret later in life if he holds the same ideals we all do here. I hate to see someone, especially a young person, intimidated to giving up his right to carry for WHATEVER reason. It isn't right.

It's none of your buisness what course of action made him change his career.

His decision. Leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

If that's the case why the need for this thread in the first place, and why allow it to stay open on a public forum if it can't be discussed?

We don't need a 50page thread of posts filled with "it's his choice, leave him alone" that's about as obvious as things get and doesn't need said, let alone resaid by 100 different people. Fact is he posted this on a public discussion forum, and it's only going to be human nature for people to try and get to the bottom of the flawed logic he is carrying around. So again, if he won't post on it, and we can't discuss it why the thread?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

THEN WHY POST IT ON THE PUBLIC FORUM AND OPEN IT FOR DISCUSSION?!

ARRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!

I feel for the kid but, please, stop defending the privacy of someone who opened the subject up for public scrutiny. You are contradicting yourselves. If I post that I made some decision on a public forum and it is criticized and I complain it was a private decision and you should leave me alone that makes no god damn sense. If I wanted to keep it a private personal decision I would just keep it to myself. Once you shout it to the world its no longer a private matter.

holy lack of logic, batman...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    If that's the case why the need for this thread in the first place, and why allow it to stay open on a public forum if it can't be discussed?

We don't need a 50page thread of posts filled with "it's his choice, leave him alone" that's about as obvious as things get and doesn't need said, let alone resaid by 100 different people. Fact is he posted this on a public discussion forum, and it's only going to be human nature for people to try and get to the bottom of the flawed logic he is carrying around. So again, if he won't post on it, and we can't discuss it why the thread?

Yeah, I see no good coming from this... I'm closing it.

If the OP wishes it re-opened, he can PM me, and I'll take it from there.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910