Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default House Dems Introduce Illegal Alien Amnesty Bill

I was wrong, my prediction was they would do this in 2011 to add 10m voters to Oudinis side, but it appears they are sensing 2010 troubles so ya get it now. Hoax and chains.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/15/immigration-bill-backers-try-again-in-face-of-jobl/

Immigration bill backers try again despite jobless rate

By Stephen Dinan

Democrats on Tuesday begin their new push for an immigration bill, hamstrung by the image of legalizing millions of illegal immigrant workers at a time when the unemployment rate stands at 10 percent -- more than twice what it was the last time Congress tried to act.

"It certainly will confuse the debate a lot more, but at the end of the day what we have to understand is fixing this system will be good for American workers," said Eliseo Medina, executive vice president of the Service Employees International Union, which is one of the major advocates for legalizing illegal immigrant workers.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, the Illinois Democrat who has taken over leadership on the issue after the death of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, plans to introduce an immigration legalization bill Tuesday, and backers are planning a strategy to avoid repeats of the failed attempts of 2006 and 2007.

In a letter to members of Congress last week seeking support for the bill, Mr. Gutierrez and Rep. Nydia M. Velazquez, New York Democrat and chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, said their legislation will end the off-the-books economy of illegal immigrant workers and protect American workers by raising labor standards.

"In these difficult economic times, we must ensure that everyone contributes toward the recovery and prosperity of our nation," they wrote. "To this end, it is imperative that all individuals and employers pay their fair share in taxes."

A draft overview of the bill, circulated with the letter, ends some enforcement tools such as the 287(g) local police cooperation program, calls for an electronic verification system to replace the voluntary E-verify program, argues that there's no need for more U.S. Border Patrol agents or fencing, and establishes a long-term path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

That path would require illegal immigrants to pay a $500 fine, pass a background check and learn English and civics to gain legal status. After six years, they could apply for legal permanent residence, or a green card, which is the interim step to citizenship. There is no "touchback" provision requiring them to return to their home countries at some point in the process.

Republicans are sharpening their attacks and going straight for the jobs argument.

"With 15 million Americans out of work, it's hard to believe that anyone would give amnesty to 12 million illegal immigrants," said Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee. "Even the open-borders crowd agrees that illegal immigrants take jobs from American workers, particularly poor and disadvantaged citizens and legal immigrants. This is exactly why we need to oppose amnesty."

His office has calculated that there are 19 states where the number of illegal immigrants in the work force is at least 50 percent of the number of unemployed workers.

(Berks County)

Default Re: House Dems Introduce Illegal Alien Amnesty Bill

Well, this was inevitable.

The DNC of Barack Obama has returned to its criminal-coddling roots.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

(Bucks County)

OudiniPelosReid haven't learned much from Hellthscare, they must actually believe that Americans are willing to give the country away without a fight.....obviously some are, but I believe they have miscalculated. And hopefully this blows up in their faces too!!

Quote Originally Posted by kunsunoke View Post
    Well, this was inevitable.

The DNC of Barack Obama has returned to its criminal-coddling roots.
    Whoa just a second there professor. I'd like you to first convince me somehow that they ever LEFT their criminal-coddling roots to begin with...

(Lehigh County)

This is unfucking believable. I can't believe anyone would think this is a good idea.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

WTF? Mate thats a whole heap of BS......damm obama

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I was wrong, my prediction was they would do this in 2011 to add 10m voters to Oudinis side, but it appears they are sensing 2010 troubles so ya get it now. Hoax and chains.
    That path would require illegal immigrants to pay a $500 fine, pass a background check and learn English and civics to gain legal status. After six years, they could apply for legal permanent residence, or a green card, which is the interim step to citizenship. There is no "touchback" provision requiring them to return to their home countries at some point in the process.
    Permanent residents can't vote! Six years until applying for a Greencard, then 5 more years (standard Greencard terms) until applying for citizenship ... even if that program would be in place today, those illegal immigrants won't be voting before 2020 or later (depending on how long those applications need processing).

I must be missing something. How exactly is that bill adding 10m votes in 2010? Or am I just not anti-Obama enough to see it?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

This makes no sense to me. With the Health Care Bill eating up the rest of the year it doesn't allow any time to work on this. Better to wait until the next session of congress and have a whole year to figure out that they intend to screw the country.

Maybe this politician is an agent provocateur. Someone that just wants to throw a wrench into the gears of congress. Because anyone with a little gray matter would see that any health care plan would also have to cover these additional 15 million new citizens. That would certainly add to the cost and be a killer for what's currently on the plate of our government.

To bad most seem to miss this point. With both McCain and Obama supporting amnesty, it's only a matter of time before they vote for this. (although most citizens are against it)

But that's never stopped politicians for doing anything.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    I must be missing something. How exactly is that bill adding 10m votes in 2010? Or am I just not anti-Obama enough to see it?

Jan
    It is because most states do not require you to prove that you are eligible to vote in order to cast a vote. In PA, you must simply state that you are eligible, and you are given a voter registration card. No confirmation or background checking is done that I know of.

"To this end, it is imperative that all individuals and employers pay their fair share in taxes."
    and

... calls for an electronic verification system to replace the voluntary E-verify program ...
    There is your sense. I think "replace the voluntary E-verify" means to replace it with some mandatory immigration status check and that the employers, who will be responsible for doing that check, can finally be fined if they are found to employ illegals. Right now there is no real penalty for having illegals on your cash payroll.

This whole thing isn't about votes, it is about taxes. The taxes and social security that illegal immigrants don't pay right now.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast