Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Members responding to PM's

I've always had the courtesy to respond to all PM's unless they are totally outragous. I have a had several members in the past week message me and then do not respond. I had several items for sale/trade and was given offers. Two offers in particular were offered to me that I would have liked to have done. These two members (I will not mention names) couldn't even respond to me after I expressed interest in doing the trade that they presented to me.

If I am ever messaged, you should expect a response. I expect the same in return. Don't offer someone a trade and then run off and hide when you change your mind. Atleast have the courtesy of saying that you changed your mind.

Sorry I just had to get this off my chest.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Members responding to PM's

Welcome to the gun business!

I wish I had $1.00 for every B/S e-mail I got when I did more on line business.

(Allegheny County)

you should mention their screen names, thats what the negative feedback page is for. you're not being an asshole, you are doing all other members a favor by shinning some light on them.
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    you should mention their screen names, thats what the negative feedback page is for. you're not being an asshole, you are doing all other members a favor by shinning some light on them.

Nah.

This is teh interwebs, not real life.

Buck up.

(Philadelphia County)

some people do not go on the forum everyday.

I have gone, dare I say, over a week with out checking in!!!!!

Do not take it personal.
    Online interaction usally means manners are left at the door.

(Centre County)

I've had the same thing happen to me. I responded several times to people that had WTB ads in the classifieds. I PM'd them with what I had and the selling price. Not a peep. At least they could have the courtesy to send me a message saying they weren't interested or could we negotiate (if they were really interested). Another time it was a WTB ad, looking for several different guns, I sent a PM, he replied and asked for pictures. I sent the pictures and description of what all came with it. Nothing. No reply saying he got the PM and wasn't interested, no PM saying he didn't get my PM. If you're not interested, that's fine, but at least have the courtesy to tell me so that I can pursue other potential buyers instead of sitting on my thumbs waiting for you.

The only PM's I never replied to were obviously scamming PM's or rude and offensive PM's for something I may have said in a post.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

This has happened to me for items that I have for sale and when responding to other for sale. I take it as a reflection the person, it gives me an indication if are trust worthy or not, or even if I want to deal with them at all.

I do know that there are times that members do not log on as often, but a response to an offer or question is going to be given by me. That is the proper way to treat others in my book.

I do have to say that most of the time other members do respond rather quickly to pm's but there are many here that are willing to help with advise when needed. To them I say,Thank you.

(Cambria County)

Sometimes it's better the yahoos don't respond.

I had a guy on this forum tell me he was reporting me to the ATF & FBI for asking if he would be interested in shipping a Shotgun...
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    That is not what the negative feedback is all about. That section of the forum does not cover PM's.......just good or bad "deals" to let members know who can be trusted and who is shady.
    If you've have a good (or bad) deal with a member via our classifieds, post about it here.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I've had the same thing happen to me. I responded several times to people that had WTB ads in the classifieds. I PM'd them with what I had and the selling price. Not a peep. At least they could have the courtesy to send me a message saying they weren't interested or could we negotiate (if they were really interested). Another time it was a WTB ad, looking for several different guns, I sent a PM, he replied and asked for pictures. I sent the pictures and description of what all came with it. Nothing. No reply saying he got the PM and wasn't interested, no PM saying he didn't get my PM. If you're not interested, that's fine, but at least have the courtesy to tell me so that I can pursue other potential buyers instead of sitting on my thumbs waiting for you.

The only PM's I never replied to were obviously scamming PM's or rude and offensive PM's for something I may have said in a post.
    Maybe he thought you were blowing him off.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast