Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Just finished an incredible day of training

I didn't mention the price because I don't know it if will change, but currently, it is $150/day for each person. I do not know what the size limit is on a class, but there were four of us yesterday. I think it was smaller than usual.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ihunt49 View Post
    Excellent day Bill. Rep sent for the info and link below.

http://www.lccc.edu/noncredit-studen...POL&course=412
    Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I didn't mention the price because I don't know it if will change, but currently, it is $150/day for each person. I do not know what the size limit is on a class, but there were four of us yesterday. I think it was smaller than usual.

Thanks for the link ihunt49. That's a pretty reasonable price. I think I am going to try to get myself and the wife signed up for the February class after the holidays are over (and a paycheck that isn't dedicated to xmas presents ). Pennsy, do they allow weapons on campus there? The reason I ask is because it says this on their website course description:
    This course combines classroom instruction and a new, state-of-the-art interactive simulator (PRISim?) for any student that carries or has access to any deadly weapon.
    It almost sounds as if carrying may be an option for students there? That would be pretty amazing if that is the case... though I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    Thanks for the link ihunt49. That's a pretty reasonable price. I think I am going to try to get myself and the wife signed up for the February class after the holidays are over (and a paycheck that isn't dedicated to xmas presents ). Pennsy, do they allow weapons on campus there? The reason I ask is because it says this on their website course description:

It almost sounds as if carrying may be an option for students there? That would be pretty amazing if that is the case... though I seriously doubt it.
    PM inbound.

(Monroe County)

That sounds like a fantastic class for anyone to take, gun owner or not. Thanks for the right-up Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    That sounds like a fantastic class for anyone to take, gun owner or not. Thanks for the right-up Bill.
    Tootie, the other man in the class was not as familiar with guns (read Noob) and was taking it as a friend of the instructor to get a feel for what owning a gun and carrying it is like. I think it may have given him some reasons to think about stepping up the process a little. One of the things about the scenarios is that you are just moving through your everyday life when all of a sudden things go to hell in a real bad way. I think this type of stuff should be mandatory for all the people who are against weapons and weapons training. Heck, I think it should be taught in every school to everyone!

Our daughter was almost in tears when the woman playing her mother was stabbed right in front of her eyes when she hesitated to pull the trigger. It was a good learning experience for her though, and by the time the next scenario played through, she was a lot more in tune with what she had to do, whether it was a pleasant thought or not. And she drilled the bad guy with no remorse.

(Monroe County)

Tootie, the other man in the class was not as familiar with guns (read Noob) and was taking it as a friend of the instructor to get a feel for what owning a gun and carrying it is like. I think it may have given him some reasons to think about stepping up the process a little. One of the things about the scenarios is that you are just moving through your everyday life when all of a sudden things go to hell in a real bad way. I think this type of stuff should be mandatory for all the people who are against weapons and weapons training. Heck, I think it should be taught in every school to everyone!

Our daughter was almost in tears when the woman playing her mother was stabbed right in front of her eyes when she hesitated to pull the trigger. It was a good learning experience for her though, and by the time the next scenario played through, she was a lot more in tune with what she had to do, whether it was a pleasant thought or not. And she drilled the bad guy with no remorse.
    And this right here is why training is so important. In real life you don't have a chance to play it out a second time. It's the first time that counts.

(Allegheny County)

The situations had more to do with movement and decision making than with marksmanship. I do not mean to minimize that, as it is certainly important.
    funny how simulators/FoF make you realize that, isn't it? while marksmanship is certainly very important, there are other factors--such as decision making and tactics--that are going to play a greater role in the outcome of a bad situation.

sounds like a great class!
    F*S=k

(Lehigh County)

This sounds very intriguing, and will look into attending this with some friends.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the detailed review. Think I'll have to get the Mrs. and myself there to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    funny how simulators/FoF make you realize that, isn't it? while marksmanship is certainly very important,
    Yup, being able to hit a quarter at 50yrds does little good if you won't/don't/can't pull the trigger.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Northampton County)

get write up Pennsy! Can you go into a little detail about the actual simulator? Are all the images computer generated? I'm just wondering how the simulation knows how to react to the shooter's actions. Like when you were yelling at the teacher to drop the gun, how did the simulator know how to respond?
    Let them take arms

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast