Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Carbine vs Pistol training

Quote Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
    As for "putting up or shutting up", we're still waiting for the list of "GI Joe" carbine classes... -

Apropos of my last two posts, if I were to list four or five carbine courses (or thier instructors) who I thought recruited students by pushing fantasy buttons and emphasizing kit, I would just touch off another flame war. Someone who took one of the courses I regard as fantasy land would be outraged that I had the temerity to insult thier guru; then the owner would be here calling me out - and challenging my credentials to challenge his credentials. Then one or more of these guys would find something in my personal life over which to make an issue ....

And where would that get me? Where would it get any of us?

I'm just as prone to get angry if subjected to a personal attack as the next guy, and I don't need the aggravation.

You won't get any such list from me, because it's not important and it creates more smoke, confusion and distraction than clarity or useful information.

So why do you keep calling for this kind of trouble? To vindicate yourself as an authority? To prove someone 18 posts ago was wrong and you were right? I am confident that almost nobody who reads this thread will care at all about either. (People don't even use thier real names on these lists!)

Think about it.
    Why bring it up then?

Why keep implying something if you can't put any meat behind it?

These implications that many of us don't agree with, are boiling down to "well, just trust me, then" and I don't think that's good enough, personally.

A condemnation without an example is just slander for the point of trying to make yourself look better than what you're slandering.

If folks don't want to get into it, they shouldn't bring it up. Otherwise, these comments are just like when your wife is huffing and puffing, then when you ask her what's wrong you get " *sigh*....nothing!".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Why bring it up then?

Why keep implying something if you can't put any meat behind it?
    First, I did not bring it up. I, like most of us here, had that collateral argument inflicted upon me.

Second, I can "put meat behind it," if by that you mean make a list of carbine schools who sell to the Walter Mitty mind set.

But I just explained why it is not constructive to do that, and not worth the trouble to anyone who would venture to do so. You see, there are pathologically argumentative people about, who will make everyone within earshot miserable in the pursuit of the last word . . .
    Last edited by PeteG; December 28th, 2009 at 12:01 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    Not sure how this thread has spiraled so far out of control form my original post.

SNIP

Guns4fun, truth be told I am not offended by the retard comment, even though my daughter is. I am interested to learn that there are so many retards in the AR community that the word is so common. I guess in the AK community they say it in Russian. You handled my sensitivity well. Those of you who know me personally know that I am easy going person but live to break balls.

At the end of the day we all know what we know, those who know, know. Always figured with few exceptions everyone I have ever met in the "internet octagon" known as forums, would be easier to deal with over a beer preferably Guinness.

- George
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
    But then again, maybe i completely miss read everything.

No everything, but some things for sure.

The thread is too long, and what individuals are posting is being generalized to everyone ... which is what happens when threads get too long and too many topics are involved. Anyone who wanted to pick this up from the beginning would have to spend four hours reading threads ... which is too long.

On the positive side, I find the level of interest in this thread encouraging. I also note the amount of personal stuff has been relatively limited ... relative, I mean, to the scope of the thread and as compared to a lot of similar discussions I have seen.
    George, glad to hear you're not all pissed off at my comment. I can assure you that i meant no ill will toward your daughter or family.

Pete, actually, you were the most vocal instructor in favor of carbine training. However, you threw me off a bit with that one comment.

Anyhow, i'm going to continue to pursue the training I deem necessary for me, regardless of what some instructors think I need. No one has a crystal ball that will tell them where, when and how something bad is going to come down. so, i prefer to train with every firearm that i own or may need to use.

Good day to all.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021