Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which mini gun

(Beaver County)

Question which mini gun

Ok, I'm thinking I'm narrowed down to a mini .380 for constant carry - 'ALL' the time. I've got a CZ-82 and G23, and even a high point c9 for carry when I don't care about being discreet - still working on that magic 1911. This is for all those other times - my dress gun, teddybear, feel naked without it gun, just like my watch.

A revolver would be preference, but I want ultra conceal - I'm super sized and clothes are pain to begin with. The LCR is still bigger than I want to go.

So, I"m looking at .380's with a wallet holster. Which one?

I've held kel-tecs, LCP's, diamondback's and taurus 738. I don't know Dollars on the diamondback, keltec is the lowest taurus is next with an extra clip and holster, then the LCP, which has been called back once.

What's everyone trust their life with? And why?

(York County)

Default Re: which mini gun

For me, it's the LCP (which I use as a BUG, not a primary firearm). Mines was a post-recall gun. So far, it's fed the ammo I use (some ball and Hornady Critical Defense). I recently made it to the 200 round count which is my requirement for an SD gun.
    I'm sure the OP knows the size and weight of the LCP, so I won't go into that here.
    One thing, when chambering that first round, you really do want the slide to snap forward. Any slowdown (like riding the slide) will result in a misfeed.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by huntingbeaver View Post
    Ok, I'm thinking I'm narrowed down to a mini .380 for constant carry - 'ALL' the time. I've got a CZ-82 and G23, and even a high point c9 for carry when I don't care about being discreet - still working on that magic 1911. This is for all those other times - my dress gun, teddybear, feel naked without it gun, just like my watch.

A revolver would be preference, but I want ultra conceal - I'm super sized and clothes are pain to begin with. The LCR is still bigger than I want to go.

So, I"m looking at .380's with a wallet holster. Which one?

I've held kel-tecs, LCP's, diamondback's and taurus 738. I don't know Dollars on the diamondback, keltec is the lowest taurus is next with an extra clip and holster, then the LCP, which has been called back once.

Colt Pony .380ACP

Because it's a real gun, made of steel, and it goes "bang" every time.

It's no longer in production, and used ones are pretty pricey. Also, I wouldn't consider it to be "mini" sized compared to the ones you listed.

I also have a Kel Tec P-32 which is similar in size to the 3-AT. It doesn't get much smaller than that.

Here's another thread on .380s that may be of interest:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/44...-380-help.html
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by huntingbeaver View Post

right now its a J-frame smith
    comp-tac 2'Oclock and it disapears IWB at the appendix, even in dress clothes.
    I know you have said that a revolver is too large, but personally I wont go under 9mm/38special. The ballistics on .380 and .32acp out of those tiny bbl's are awful. Ive seen 32 do 6 inches in BARE gel out of a seecamp.
    Couple that with awful sights, short sight radius, close to no grip, long heavy triggers....... I just cant see where those little guns are shootable.

Rohrbaugh (did I spell that right) makes a 9mm thats pocket sized, but they are around $900.

The KT PF9 is slim, concealable, prob a little too big for a pocket carry though.

(Clinton County)

(Monroe County)

The Ruger LCP beats them all, The Ruger LCP were not recalled for any kind of Feeding issues or reliabilty issues, it were recalled because if you drop it on the Muzzle it can dicharge a round in the ChaMBER, if you send it in they just install a heavier hammer spring, i didnt send mine in because i dont intend to drop mine on the muzzle, besides i dont want that heavier shitty spring in my gun.

Instead of dropping it . i'll just carry it in my pocket like my American express.

(Pike County)

p3at for me, love it so much I bought a second one.
    For a wheelgun, S&W 442, and a NAA mini revolver in .22mag.

(Beaver County)

thanks for the input. Emptymag, I forgot about those mustangs. My buddy had one back in the 80's - -not sure if he still does -- heck of a gun. AMT made a backup in .380 too.

(Beaver County)

I've got a P3AT I carry as a BUG from time to time. If you want to try it out, let me know. You're not too far from me.

(Susquehanna County)

Sig P238 might fit the bill. Like mine, very usable sights, points great ,accurate for a small gun and so far reliable. Its basically a mini 1911 and a replica of the Mustang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast