Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Online target competition - 9 shots for 9 targets - 10 yds handgun offhand - By J

wow brick i'm assumming it's your strong hand. nice shooting. I guess i'm gonna have to shoot a few more boxes.

I got training on sunday, maybe idpa on monday, once i get a chance i'm heading back to pag and put some new skillz to work. tho i don't think i can come close to brick's score.
    Last edited by dunsho; December 26th, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Online target competition - 9 shots for 9 targets - 10 yds handgun offhand - By J

Went out today and gave this a shot. Boy is it hard. Those 2" circles are tiny at 10 yards.

Best score from five tries was 19.. Gun is a XD9 SC using some cheapy winchester ammo.

I think with some more practice I could probably get them all in the black. I'm really new at shooting. This was only my third trip out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Montgomery County)

Here's my two entries. I gave it three tries with each pistol.
    (25) with my 9mm (two extra holes are from my wife who decided to stray off her target)
    (31) with my .22.

Dang that little white dot is elusive. I'm all around it, just not on it. My first target I had one dead nuts center bullseye. Unfortunately, there weren't enough "field goals" to make up the score.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    Here's my two entries. I gave it three tries with each pistol.
    (25) with my 9mm (two extra holes are from my wife who decided to stray off her target)
    (31) with my .22.

Dang that little white dot is elusive. I'm all around it, just not on it. My first target I had one dead nuts center bullseye. Unfortunately, there weren't enough "field goals" to make up the score.
    Very good try! Work on reducing your "minimum arc of movement" and you'll do even better! Hint, see my earlier post on area aiming, natural point of aim and natural grip. You can't stop your heart from beating so you can't eliminate all movement, but, you can reduce it it by applying the basics.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Columbia County)

This is my second and most likely final submission. I shot a 30 using my Beretta 92FS with 115 gr JHPs over 4.2 gr Bullseye powder. My first three shots were great, then I went a bit downhill from there.

(Columbia County)

The leaderboards so far:

brick: 43
    dunsho: 32
    yoder: 32
    tlgpa: 31
    max384: 30
    brewguy: 19

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    This is my second and most likely final submission. I shot a 30 using my Beretta 92FS with 115 gr JHPs over 4.2 gr Bullseye powder. My first three shots were great, then I went a bit downhill from there.
    Good shootin. I think if you would have called that a 33 nobody would have complained. That one shot is right on the line. I was just playing around with the same load 4.2 gr of Bullseye with 115's. Really light and my G17 still cycled.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Good shootin. I think if you would have called that a 33 nobody would have complained. That one shot is right on the line. I was just playing around with the same load 4.2 gr of Bullseye with 115's. Really light and my G17 still cycled.
    Thanks. The one shot that looks like it is touching is just shy, though hard to tell in the picture. I like that load. I have found it to be very accurate, light, and it cycles in all of my 9mms.

(Columbia County)

Just a reminder to everyone. Get your targets in tonight by midnight for inclusion into the contest... rep points await the winner!

Crap. Here I was, floating around thinking that I was one day earlier than we are. Oh, well, pretty targets, and all printed up on card stock, too. Could we do this again in a few months and make it caliber-specific?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast