Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Johnson's Gun Depot in Norvelt, PA - Good deal plus some action!

Had a great experience at Johnson's friday night. Rushed up to Norvelt after work with the wifey to pick out two .22 LR rifles for the kids Christmas presents. I had already done the footwork and called all the remaining Walmarts in the area. Only two sold guns (Mt. Pleasant and Indiana) but both were sold out of the infamous $117 Savages.

I arrived at Johnson's and started looking at the used guns first Right away, I picked a Marlin 25 for $129. Looked nice, but my close inspection revealed a flaw in the mag release lever. The mag kept falling out! The counter guy took a look and ended up breaking the lever trying to adjust. He was overly apologetic! I continued to look with not much luck and decided to go with two Savage Mark II's with the Accutrigger. They were a bit more than I wanted to pay but my options were limited at this time of the year! I ended up walking out of there with a receipt for $400 including tax and transfers...not too bad.

At this point, my wife and I were the only two in the shop, along with the two counter guys. As I started the paper work on the rifles, some trailer park king poked his head in the door and asked if he could still buy a shotgun. After a brief conference with his coworker the clerk replied "NO!" Turns out that this creepy crawly was just in with another low life buddy that was denied by PICS. So naturally the clerk assumed straw purchase! I encouraged them that this smelled fishy as the guy continued to argue that it was going to be for him and not his buddy. The shop clerks stood their ground firmly. The guy got loud at this point and started calling them assholes, etc. and I noticed all three of us getting in position to draw our CCW's at any moment, LOL. But the loser finally yanked open the door and stormed out.

It was kind of scary for a minute, but I think those two guys handled it pretty well. They were also very kind to me and the wife by giving us $20 off the guns and throwing in a few hats. Good conversation too, as we discussed teaching kids too be responsible shooters and stuff.

It was an all around good experience and I'm excited to finally bag the two guns for my kids! One is wood and the other synthetic. We'll have two more Jr. PAFOA members come December 25th! I'm sure we'll post some pics after Christmas...they share my passion for great photography! LOL
    Last edited by RocketFoot; December 13th, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!