Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: I went into cond orange tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 03scf250 View Post
    Great job being aware of what was going on. Could have been nothing but sounds like he was scoping your group out. Did you enlighten the others to what you saw?
    Good job XD40Coyote. I agree that you should inform your dad about what you saw/felt. I don't know if they are anti/pro gun, or indifferent, but it can't hurt to let them know what happened.

My mom isn't anti, she just doesn't understand why her sons and son-in law feel like they need to carry guns. One day I got a call that she and my dad had a flat tire about 25 miles from home, and the spare was no good either. I showed up with a spare and was changing it for them, and they saw me printing while bending over. She asked about it, and I said "you should have one with you, too. Here you are, 2 people in your mid-60's, stranded along a busy road, with no way to protect yourself". Now nothing happened, but I just gave them a "what if somebody decided to take advantage of you" scenario, to get them thinking. And here you have a situation where something may have happened. Good thing you were ready.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I did tell my parents. My mother came outside shortly after and the 3 of us got in the car, and I was still watching.

The other man, I did not say anything to. His wife and son came out and they left. They live in Baltimore, anti gun,etc. Maybe next time they are by I will bring it up just to let them know Shrewsbury isn't Mayberry anymore, and they should get the hint to be like they do in Baltimore. My mother is cond yellow when she is going to/from work and at work, as she works in Baltimore city, but she comes home and does things out here and relaxes her guard. Whenever we go out together, I tend to be like some sort of guard dog.

Last night was so much like when I lived in Baltimore city in the early 90's. Noticing something not right, "feelings", and the calm "beast on guard" thing. Back then my "carry" was my dog ( see av pic). Those city thug types were generally afraid of the dog, and didn't like when I zeroed in to them and watched them as I walked along. It was like OCing. I really honed the cond yellow to orange thing back in those days, was always calm and confident too. In fact I was plain ballsy. Compare to the mature healthy cape buffalo staring down the lions, as if to say " don't touch me, or you will suffer the consequenses".

This all makes me wonder, are some of us naturally born to be this way? Or is it all 100%learned? I started off being aware about age 4-5, mainly to avoid bullies, and at age 6-7 I had a well honed sprint I could utilize in case of a child predator or bully. Of course I learned and understood early on about "strangers with candy". My mother has always been savy about crime prevention, such as locking your car doors and keeping windows up at stop lights and stop signs in the city, or watching suspicious looking charactors walking behind you on a sidewalk. As she is now 60 and doesn't see very well, she seems to only do full "sheepdog" when down in Baltimore. However she did proudly tell me how she stared at a lady in the Shrewsbury Goodwill store who appeared to be attempting to shoplift, and the woman noticed and got skittery. But I believe she should have told an employee about it ( she may have, but just didn't tell me she did). They have a big problem with shoplifters in there. The nearby pet store also has this problem, they recently erected a big sign they placed by the doors warning shoplifters that they will get a free ride in an SRPD car. Good place to OC in perhaps?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Northampton County)

Good job, way to stay alert!
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    This all makes me wonder, are some of us naturally born to be this way? Or is it all 100%learned?

I learned to be aware at a young age also, living in Southwest Philly, then South Philly. That awareness also carried into my motorcycle years, and later, now that I CC.

I think that is is instilled into you by either your parents, or your surroundings when you are growing up as a child.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by spoonltz28 View Post
    I learned to be aware at a young age also, living in Southwest Philly, then South Philly. That awareness also carried into my motorcycle years, and later, now that I CC.

I think that is is instilled into you by either your parents, or your surroundings when you are growing up as a child.

I agree 100%.

Also those in the military had this beaten...er um.. "taught" to us as well. Details will get you killed..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12