Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: !!! LRGC MEMBERS - URGENT VOTE JANUARY 7, 2010

^^^ This.

There's another board election in 2011, and a LOT of you will have voting power then. We can turn this around.

I don't expect any changes to the shooting we do. We are well within the club's rules. We will continue to run monthly matches with minor changes.

1 - We maximize the sport appearance. All this means is wear a pair of 5.11's instead of a full suit o' multicam or ACU. I never cared what people wore, but it's a weapon that gets used against us. I'm not saying you need a bowling shirt & shoes, but If you need "a look" go for the private contractor look. LE and active/reserve/etc MIL can wear any issued stuff they want.

2 - Keep video content off of the internet. This stuff is twisted out of context by detractors within the club and used to sway people against us. There's a feeling in the club that LRGC must remain 'hidden.' If you have video that's locatable with the club name or LRGC please make it private or take it down.

If you are a member, attend the board meetings and the general meetings. We always go out for wings and beverages afterwards so it's a good way to meet people just like you and have a front row seat at some first class ball-breaking.

Thanks,

We're looking forward to a great year no matter what.

--Fargo007

I'm quite sorry...and dismayed....that the vote went as it did. Honestly, it makes no sense to me. Though I can't yet vote I've worked with some of the nominees at work parties and see a great dedication to the club from them, and a great dedication to the shooting sports as a whole. Those are the people getting my vote.

I'm also sorry I was unable to attend but trust me, you didn't want me there. I've been pretty ill for over a month and last week had pink eye on top of it. You'd have thought one of the zombies escaped the barrage and came back to seek revenge. I went from 2-3 times a week to haven't been through the gate in a month.

I too support the idea of a PAFOA group shoot of LRCG members. Besides bringing names and faces together it serves another important aspect. A stronger bloc of votes for the next election. With a solid foundation of information on nominees and their visions we as a group will be able to help convince the less informed of the issues at hand. The only shooters I can't support are illegal ones. The rest, anyone who shoots any valid technique, any style firearm or any reasonable course of fire has my vote. Naturally I expect them to have LRGC at heart and shooting as a passion.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Montgomery County)

Er,

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I wish you a speedy recovery. You are absolutely correct. This election while tragic does not mark the end for us but only the begining.

If some good came out of this event, someone reading this post who shot with us as a guest will become motivated to join. It is with voting members that we can be certain our events can continue.

As for scheduling a PAFOA shoot, I think that's a great idea. We hold monthly practical rifle events. I'm certain we could partner up and make one a PAFOA event.

Regards,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
    Er,

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I wish you a speedy recovery. You are absolutely correct. This election while tragic does not mark the end for us but only the begining.

If some good came out of this event, someone reading this post who shot with us as a guest will become motivated to join. It is with voting members that we can be certain our events can continue.

As for scheduling a PAFOA shoot, I think that's a great idea. We hold monthly practical rifle events. I'm certain we could partner up and make one a PAFOA event.

Regards,
    Gary
    The recovery is underway as we speak, now I'm down to just a constant headache. Of course, a head like mine oughta ache.

All I could have done was be supportive, as of this time I am a NV member. But rest assured when the time comes I'll miss no elections. In my entire life I missed voting during one local election. If you don't vote you have nothing to complain about. I've been a member since July and made every meeting until Dec. and have 12 hours work party time in. There is more to being a member than slinging brass and going home. There are liabilities, responsibilities, benefits and a promise I made coming in to uphold those principles.

Now we have to wait and see what the backlash of the election is going to be. Maybe there will be none. And as with any political body, there is always next time to straighten out a mistake.

There is no reason to not begin planning a get together of PAFOA/LRGC members. Let's keep this idea in mind, spring is coming!
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345