Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Hornady Lock N Load AP

I just picked up my Lock N Load AP last night at Cabela's. I couldn't pass up on the deal because I cashed in my points, had a $20 coupon, plus Cabela's offered a $50 rebate, so the press ended up costing me $200. Now, I must build my reloading bench, so I can start reloading this winter.

(Allegheny County)

Funny you should mention a reloading bench. I was out this morning trying to find a good bench for just that reason. I was hoping to find something to keep all the gear together, fairly compact and mobile. Most of what i saw at Home Depot were either plastic or cheap particle board. I'm going to try Lowes sometime today or tomorrow. I think I might just be better off building what i want. I ain't no carpenter though. As my wife pointed out ,as only a wife can ,while headed towards the lumber section.

Lowe's sells a kit called the 2x4basics work bench...you must special order it. Cabela's sells it as well, but it cost a little more. The one at Home Depot from Simpson Strongtie...looks kinda cheesey with the metal pieces...how do I know it looks cheesey? My company services for Simpson Strongtie. I am going to order the 2x4basics kit.

(Allegheny County)

well you would know cheesey then. I looked at that while i was there. I was looking for the 2x4basic kind of deal and I'll check out Lowes. I think they have better workbenches than HD as I recall. I really need to redo my whole garage workbench, but i'd hate to get into that just for this. No really! I mean, unless i had too.

(Schuylkill County)

Go to : http://www.42gpw.com/reloadingbench/index.html

Lowes bench is good, but if you need to resize/custom size it you are out of luck.

The 2x4basics is a local company in Lancaster, PA. Lowes doesn't carry their workbench kit...you must special order it from Lowes. I should have just picked one up at Cabela's when I was there on Friday.